hi guys,

just wanted to find out of i can use the APH1-B in the neck position since it'a a bridge pup and the TB-59B in the bridge or vise versa? what combination would sound best for a rock/hard rock type pf playing?

can i also convert my ibanez art 120 that comes with active pups to those pups?

TIA!
In short, yeah you can use a bridge pickup in the neck position. But generally you shouldn't. It's designed for the bridge so it will respond very differently (and often badly) in the neck position - that's not always the case though, but generally speaking.

And yes you can swap out from active pickups to passives however it often requires you to replace some more of the electronics than you normally would - eg you may need new pots and stuff. I'm no expert though.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Actives pickups usually use 25k pots where at passive usually use 500k pots so as VVolverin3 was saying you will have to change out all of your electronics if you switch to passive on your art.
you'll also need to change the output jack. The one your guitar has will be stereo and for passive systems you should change to a mono jack.
i've installed my art 120 with the new pups mentioned earlier. the neck sounds good even if it's a bridge pup. my issue is when you plug it straight to the amp and turn up the overdrive channel it hums. tech guy says it's normal because of the new passive pups since active ones are quiet. any thoughts on this?
Depends, what pickups are we talking about here (please give names, not just model numbers). Some pickups hum more than others. Actives are silent, so passive pickups will almost all of the time have some amount of noise more than actives.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by grohl1987
you'll also need to change the output jack. The one your guitar has will be stereo and for passive systems you should change to a mono jack.

You really don't need a mono jack for passives, you can use a stereo jack with no problems at all. The ring of the jack just contacts with the sleeve of the cable, it won't do anything if you don't connect anything to it.
neck - seymour duncan alnico 2 pro. bridge - seymour duncan 59 trembuckers. yeah maybe i just got used to the zero noise from the active pups.
Quote by littlephil
You really don't need a mono jack for passives, you can use a stereo jack with no problems at all. The ring of the jack just contacts with the sleeve of the cable, it won't do anything if you don't connect anything to it.

yup, tech guy didn't change the jack. just the pots and cap.
Alright, what amp are you using? And is it just a little bit of hum, or is it really loud?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X