Quote by peter_91
Live at the Regal by BB King

Elevator blues. BB King is stale as it gets

A few ideas
John Lee Hooker, a great album is called 'alone' where it's just him and the guitar, either that or the 'ultimate collection' is a good best of.

Lightnin Hopkins, 'texas blues man' 1969 is a good starting point, there's loads of albums though and often he wasnt played over by some annoying backing band and when they did play with him they played with him properly, so there's a lot of good albums out there.

Muddy Waters, 'the complete muddy waters' is gonna be worth looking at obviously, the 'complete plantation recordings' are a rare one you could download, recorded by Alan Lomax in Muddys house, the first recordings of him i believe.

Elmore James, didn't really do any albums so get some compilation with stuff like 'sky is crying' and 'dust my broom', he's great.

Howlin Wolf - The rockin' chair album, has a lot of his best songs, either this or the 'London howlin wolf Sessions' has a great band and Clapton on lead guitar.
For texas blues style stuff check out Stevie Ray's 'Texas Flood' or 'The Sky is Crying' albums. The title tracks of both are great songs.
You could also give 'Red House' by Hendrix a listen, I love that song
"Muddy and the Wolf"or George Thorogood's first album are pretty decent, engaging introductions for the noob. Not the best blues records by any means, but they'll do.
Zoot, great suggestions, but maybe a little "raw" for someone who isn't into the blues.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
create a blues station on Pandora... then just make notes of the stuff you like vs what you dont like
he of tranquil mind
Quote by Zoot Allures
Elevator blues. BB King is stale as it gets

Sorry bro I think i'll take the word of Muddy Waters over you

"He's strictly singing some good deep blues" - 4:05

I'm sorry if you have some misconception of B.B King from his more recent years but he was a top notch blues singer and guitarist from the late 50's and 60's.

Chicago blues is awesome, probably my favourite strand of the blues, but come on bro, B.B. Kings got soul. If anything is elevator blues its Eric Clapton
Quote by carmour
Sorry bro I think i'll take the word of Muddy Waters over you

"He's strictly singing some good deep blues" - 4:05

I'm sorry if you have some misconception of B.B King from his more recent years but he was a top notch blues singer and guitarist from the late 50's and 60's.

Chicago blues is awesome, probably my favourite strand of the blues, but come on bro, B.B. Kings got soul. If anything is elevator blues its Eric Clapton

Maybe in the old days but at least today he's overhyped as a bluesman. I watched his setlist at glastonbury or whatever it was earlier this year and that's the definition of 'elevator blues' tbh.
Clapton falls into this realm quite a bit aswell so i'd agree with that.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Maybe in the old days but at least today he's overhyped as a bluesman. I watched his setlist at glastonbury or whatever it was earlier this year and that's the definition of 'elevator blues' tbh.
Clapton falls into this realm quite a bit aswell so i'd agree with that.

Yeah it's pretty sad what's happened to BB which is why I have no intention of seeing him live or buying any of his records post 70s. I mean why listen to the dude now when you can hear him how he was at his prime. The dudes playing HAS to be suffering, he's 90 or something isn't he? I think he would've been wise to get another guitar player to back him and just turn to singing (much like muddy did in his later years). I think it's definitely hurt his reputation a bit because people hear so much hype about B.B and the blues then they're just thoroughly let down when they see him these days.

Would much rather remember him like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ehk08Sjmow&feature=related