Got me a question here

1-Type: Jackson DK2M
2-Current pickups the guitar has: JB/59
3- Current amplifier: Crate BV150 and a soon Vintage Modern marshal
4-Desired tone: looking for something that can give me vintage dirt all the way up to vintage style shred. just like a super hot pickup that would sound great through my marshal (amp on layaway, pickup(s) would be purchased after)
5-Budget: not really an issue

Sidenotes: been looking at the crawler and holy diver from BKP. im guessing theres a pretty wide gap between output due to the order of their list they are in.

what turns me on about the crawler (refering to the BKP descriptions) is that its like a hot PAF with a lot of natural sustain that sings in the neck position (looking for that)

holy diver seems to be headed toward higher gain applications (like shred and metal, which will also be used on the guitar)

in essence, looking for that vintage tone, very articulate and dynamic, dont want to lose clarity from gain, and as an idea of the tone i want to acheive would be somewhere between a YJM Now your ships are burned (though played through single coils) and a paul gilbert Viking Kong for the higher gain end. and more like AC/DC for the lower end

also....do pickup thread belong in GGA? or GBC?
cause i mean...it really is applicable to both
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Oct 31, 2011,
he said that thread failed him, which i'm not surprised. no one knowledgeable ever posts in it, its just pages of questions.
You can pretty much never go wrong with Bareknuckle pickups. But since you are buying the amp first and the pickups later, why not wait and see if you actually NEED new pickups before buying them. The Marshall could be all you ever wanted and a bag of chips.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Helicopters!
There's a "recommend me a new pickups" thread on GB&C.

like really? did u even read the title before posting?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by LaidBack
You can pretty much never go wrong with Bareknuckle pickups. But since you are buying the amp first and the pickups later, why not wait and see if you actually NEED new pickups before buying them. The Marshall could be all you ever wanted and a bag of chips.

well i dont like the pickups in there already (JB and 59). the JB sounds too thin and the 59 doesnt have enough output at all for what i want out of a neck pickup
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
That's fine. Just trying to save you some cash is all.

Personally, I prefer higher output pickups because they hit the preamp harder, and provide more "umph" in the sound. That is why I suggest the Holy Divers.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals