Which gear did Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) use around the year 1999?
Im pretty sure it was an Ibanez 7-string but which model? Sounds badass.
And if you know which amps and cabs he used I would appreciate it.
search online, u should find it no poblem
PRS Standard 22, Trans Blue
PRS Custom 24, Eriza Verde Green
Martin DC16 GTE Acoustic/Electric
Segovia Acoustic/Electric
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb
Fender Princeton Chorus 212
http://funksheet.blogspot.com/2009/08/wes-borland-gear.html

From what i understand they were just a mix of RG7621's and the AX7221's by the looks of it, there is the video of him using what looks to be an elusive RG7CST w/piezo as well.
Quote by SilverchairFan
search online, u should find it no poblem

When I search for it online a shitload of other thing appear. I mainly looking for the guitar he used when he recorded the Significant Other album
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
http://funksheet.blogspot.com/2009/08/wes-borland-gear.html

From what i understand they were just a mix of RG7621's and the AX7221's by the looks of it, there is the video of him using what looks to be an elusive RG7CST w/piezo as well.

Yea I saw that piezo thing as well. That was after yhe album. But damn the stuff you posted was what I was looking for! Mesas and the 4-string. Thanks
Quote by Lyrax
When I search for it online a shitload of other thing appear. I mainly looking for the guitar he used when he recorded the Significant Other album

If I remember right, he experimented a lot on Significant Other, including using distorted acoustic guitars and whatnot. However I may be getting that confused with the album after that...
Spoiler alert: Having the same guitar as him won't make you sound like him. Tone's in the amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
He did ask about the amp, though..

But yes, off topic, but I'll never understand why so many believe the tone comes from the guitar rather than the amp
Quote by TheAbsentOne

I know, but it seemed more like an afterthought, the way it was worded.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I know, but it seemed more like an afterthought, the way it was worded.

Ah, yeah, I can see what you mean.

The most important piece of knowledge when it comes to guitar IMO: Amp first, guitar second, pedals third, pickups last.

Just my take on it.
Quote by Offworld92
Spoiler alert: Having the same guitar as him won't make you sound like him. Tone's in the amp.

Im pretty aware of that.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Ah, yeah, I can see what you mean.

The most important piece of knowledge when it comes to guitar IMO: Amp first, guitar second, pedals third, pickups last.

Just my take on it.

The amp is always first. Just compare like a Line 6 spider and a dual recto, they sound so very different. Id say guitar, pickups and then pedals.
Quote by TheAbsentOne

But yes, off topic, but I'll never understand why so many believe the tone comes from the guitar rather than the amp

The amp is the source of the sound and tone, no doubt about it.
If thats true, why buy anything but a "first act" guitar? Why does a first act guitar(my roomy's son's guitar, I SWEAR) sound like syit on ANY amp? Conversely, my guitar still chimes on (my roomy's son's) gorilla amp. Good, sappy, mahogany chock full 'o p90s! I'd agree with the logic that your amp is the most important variable of tone but, not all.