Page 1 of 2
So I'm having an argument with a friend of mine about Halloween because she said, "In five years, Halloween will be celebrated more than Christmas and it pisses me off." I asked her why she said that and she said, "It's just known." I disagreed and said that Christmas is a much bigger part of our society than Halloween ever will be. While she makes a terrible argument, but I was wondering what you guys think. Will Halloween be celebrated more than Christmas in the future?
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat
I have never given a golf stack

Congratulations sir.
This is true khaleesi, it is known.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Lol nah. Parents are becoming too paranoid to let their kids really celebrate Halloween.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by WhiskeyFace
God no. Christmas devours the entire month of November let alone December. It's more than just a day.

See, this was my point. I work in retail, I know how it is.
Quote by Saint78
Dude you haven't lived until you've licked chocolate pudding out of a fat ladies back boob.

Quote by Boer Goat

Congratulations sir.
christmas dominates about a quater of the mother fucking year. halloween is just a spook festival. better parties in some cases tho, and less cheeriness which is always good.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Compare the amount of stuff bought for Halloween and the amount of stuff bought for Christmas. Halloween is more of a "cool, let's have some fun" holiday, while Christmas has more religious reasons behind it, as well as being a time for family and goodwill.
So yeah, your friend is being pretty dense. Seriously, "It's just known?" WTF is that shit?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
No way. Christmas dominates. Just that it's a family oriented holiday. Where as halloween is often a "lol lets get drunk and dress in sexy costumes" christmas is "lets get drunk and sit next to the fire because its ****ing cold" As long as western civ is dominated by christianity christmas will dominate.
Christmas dominates but Halloween is recognized by more people simply because it's not a religious holiday. Jews, Hindus, Muslims, whoever, can enjoy Halloween while Christmas is just for Christians.
I don't care for either.
Halloween is a stupid Westernisation of celebrating death. And the only good thing about christmas is the food.
Quote by Spud Spudly
Christmas dominates but Halloween is recognized by more people simply because it's not a religious holiday. Jews, Hindus, Muslims, whoever, can enjoy Halloween while Christmas is just for Christians.

Surely Jews, Hindus, Muslins etc still get presents though and have the tradition of santa? Santa's not a religious custom is he?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by kornfire15
"It's just known."

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Spud Spudly

Christmas hasn't been a religious holiday for more than a hundred years. Even before that it was a pagan ritual that was adopted by the catholic church as to keep the bloody savages in line.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Christmas scares me because it is a pagan ritual of the birth of the militaristic bull-god Mitra.

Halloween is for kinder. I was doing managerial accounting for the last 3 days so I couldn't don my costume.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by kornfire15
So I'm having an argument with a friend of mine about Halloween because she said, "In five years, Halloween will be celebrated more than Christmas and it pisses me off." I asked her why she said that and she said, "It's just known." I disagreed and said that Christmas is a much bigger part of our society than Halloween ever will be. While she makes a terrible argument, but I was wondering what you guys think. Will Halloween be celebrated more than Christmas in the future?

'nuff said
Last edited by Zeletros at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by Spud Spudly

Technically it's a pagan holiday for people to dress up as the dead to be able to pass into their realm.
Quote by Spud Spudly

She ended up saying this, but I countered with plenty of people who aren't Christians celebrate Christmas as well when it comes to gift giving and putting up a tree and all that jazz.
Quote by Saint78

Quote by Boer Goat

Congratulations sir.
Quote by Spud Spudly

Muslim people don't really celebrate Halloween.

Edit: and they don't celebrate Christmas either.
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Oct 31, 2011,
Whatever, Christmas will always be bigger, because it's ****ing awesome.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Spud Spudly

Not entirely true, Christmas has become far more than just a Christian celebration in Western culture.

v What he said.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
Muslim people don't really celebrate Halloween.

Edit: and they don't celebrate Christmas either.

neither of them statements are necessarily true

Quote by Spud Spudly

christmas hasn't been about religion for decades
I dont wnt halloween because of the implications that children and teenagers go out and take part in vandalism celebrating strange disturbed stuff that shouldnt even have been thought of in the first place. I say Halloween be banned, at least in America because we are a nation built under god not demons and goblins!

I hear people call it the "Holidays" more than "Christmas" to be more politically correct too.
Quote by laid-to-waste

christmas hasn't been about religion for decades

It is to religious people.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Vitor_vdp
In Arab countries at least, it is true for the most part.

Um, we're talking about the US here...

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by WCPhils

She's actually pretty religious and has complained about the retail aspect of Christmas before. I'm an atheist. How this is just our first argument, I'm not really sure.
Quote by Saint78

Quote by Boer Goat

Congratulations sir.
Quote by rockingamer2
Um, we're talking about the US here...

Nowhere in the OP did it talk specifically about the US. Plus, someone brought up the topic of other religions.

What's your point?
Quote by kornfire15
She's actually pretty religious and has complained about the retail aspect of Christmas before. I'm an atheist. How this is just our first argument, I'm not really sure.

Tell her about the pagans complaining about the Christianization of their solstice holiday.

^^It was kind of obvious that TS was talking about non-Arab countries. If someone brings up Guy Fawkes day, I'm not going to say "It's not celebrated here in the US" because it's obvious. I may have been too specific in saying it was one country, but it was definitely not concerned with the Arab world.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by Vitor_vdp
In Arab countries at least, it is true for the most part.

yea, fair enough.

Quote by WCPhils

everything's about religion for religious people
Quote by Zeletros
'nuff said

The sad thing is I think you're not joking, having seen quite a few of your posts.
Quote by AeroRocker

This.

Also, they've been selling Christmas stuff since early October here, so I think it's safe
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by Spud Spudly

Well, actually Halloween is a religious festival.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
I wish halloween and christmas swapped places in how big they are. Halloween is simply more fun. The presents are the only thing that makes xmas better.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm not surprised.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by DoGaLoG
Well, actually Halloween is a religious festival.

This also.
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Surely Jews, Hindus, Muslins etc still get presents though and have the tradition of santa? Santa's not a religious custom is he?

The traditional Santa we think of today came from Coca Cola
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Page 1 of 2