Hi I'm wanting to star a online band but I don't know what all I need. Can you guys inform me on what all I will need.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
A mic, a mixer and some sort of software would be a good place to start probably.
Quote by Austin174
Hi I'm wanting to star a online band but I don't know what all I need. Can you guys inform me on what all I will need.

Get some audio interface - there are hundreds.
A microphone - SM57 for instruments, SM58 for vocals.
Get some software - Audacity is free, no good for being serious though. I'm looking into buying myself Sonar X1.
reaper is the best free recording software IMHO.

the focusrite sapphire seems to be a good interface.

Since you have a vypyr, i would reccomend using VST simulations for recording guitar. they will prolly sound better than micing that amp. Ethan_Hanus has a good tutorial on VST guitar recording.

The VST tone test in my profile was recorded with simulated amps and cabs.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
reaper is the best free recording software IMHO.

the focusrite sapphire seems to be a good interface.

Since you have a vypyr, i would reccomend using VST simulations for recording guitar. they will prolly sound better than micing that amp. Ethan_Hanus has a good tutorial on VST guitar recording.

The VST tone test in my profile was recorded with simulated amps and cabs.

I'm sorry but what is a VST?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Austin174
I'm sorry but what is a VST?

a VST is a type of plugin that you can use in your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)

Tbh I'd recommend a decent interface (Focusrite Sapphire, Line 6 UX2), Reaper, and if you're doing metal, definitely get the TSE X30, TSE 808, LeCab and the Catharsis and GuitarHacks cab impulses.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Oh I have alot to learn lol. Can you provide links to this stuff please an yes I'll be doing metal most of the time.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
About 7 or 8 years ago when I first wanted to start recording stuff at home and I bought the M-Audio Omni Studio. I paid $350-400 at Guitar Center, IIRC. It has a PCI card with a breakout box that contains 2 mic preamps, 2 mic amps, a couple more ins and outputs on the back. With that I bought an SM57. I was very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

For software, I've always liked CoolEdit Pro(which has since become Adobe Audition) and continue to use it. It doesn't seem to be very popular at all but I found it very easy to use and have no complaints. I've installed and tried out pretty much every piece of DAW there is and while others might be more powerful, I found the learning curve much higher. There's never been anything I wanted to do that it wasn't capable of.