So Fender is coming out with a new series called the Modern Player Series. I am pumped because I've been looking to get a Tele but I'm low on funds. I was first going to get the MIM standard for $500 but I really like the look of these new ones that fender is bringing out for only $400. The problem is I have no idea how they sound or feel because none of the stores have them. I think it is also safe to say that I believe they are made in China, which I would like to avoid. Has any seen/played one of these yet? I really want to get one very soon.

This is what they look like, I love both of the finishes:

http://www.nstuffmusic.com/p-15871-fender-modern-player-telecaster-plus.aspx
the tele's are looking quite interesting indeed, some demo's on youtube of other guitars in this series sounded actually quite good (i believe they did one on the jaguar and the p-bass). i read somewhere they are made in china as you said before.
are you planning on ordering it from that store?? as it offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you could send the guitar back if you don't like it.
these are Chinese productions? not mim? under the fender name? don't they have squire brand for that?

seems like a marketing ploy if thats the case. I wouldnt bother with em "if thats the case." Go for a used MIM or even a highway one you can get used for the same price as one of those new.
Last edited by zamanakhan at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by zamanakhan
these are Chinese productions? not mim? under the fender name? don't they have squire brand for that?

seems like a marketing ploy if thats the case. I wouldnt bother with em "if thats the case." Go for a used MIM or even a highway one you can get used for the same price as one of those new.

If it's a good guitar, who cares where it's made?
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by lifesglorydead

very true, personally i would still pick up a used mim
For $500, I'd look into a used MIJ.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by lifesglorydead

i do. i would rather own instruments that are built by reasonable paid skilled men and women who are building guitars at the factories under their own will. not by some chinese 10 year old in a sweatshop with poor working conditions.

i am not saying MIC are poor quality guitars, but honestly it is BS to say that any MIC would be better than an MIA/MIJ or even MIM.

there is a reason that these guitars are cheaper and i am sure it is location combined with lower quality parts.

wait for a MIM or MIA Highway 1.

i probably wont post back to this so nobody gets in a squabble, but thats my $.02.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
There are great used guitars out there for $500. I saw an amazing high one strat for $450 at GC. My local GC has a mint jaguar 69 reissue, made in japan, for $500, and this guitar is incredible. I would sell my mim strat and buy it if i didnt need to save cash at the moment.
Quote by lifesglorydead

I do. I factor in resale when I buy a guitar.
Quote by JustRooster
I do. I factor in resale when I buy a guitar.

i never understood why resale was a factor in buying stuff.

i buy with the intention of keeping...
Quote by rcr5035
So Fender is coming out with a new series called the Modern Player Series. I am pumped because I've been looking to get a Tele but I'm low on funds. I was first going to get the MIM standard for $500 but I really like the look of these new ones that fender is bringing out for only $400. The problem is I have no idea how they sound or feel because none of the stores have them. I think it is also safe to say that I believe they are made in China, which I would like to avoid. Has any seen/played one of these yet? I really want to get one very soon.

This is what they look like, I love both of the finishes:

http://www.nstuffmusic.com/p-15871-fender-modern-player-telecaster-plus.aspx

honestly, that telecaster plus looks amazing. i'm actually considering getting one, plus all the reviews are great.

and btw, i've not seen someone actually CONFIRM that they are chinese made... people said the same thing about blacktops, but i can confirm right now that they are made in mexico.
Get the 60 anniversary Telecaster. Looks fricking awesome.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by 00_hns_00
i never understood why resale was a factor in buying stuff.

i buy with the intention of keeping...

I used to buy like that, too. 10 years of playing later I've come to learn a thing or two.
^I'm at 6 years and I still buy to keep I buy stuff I love because I know I will be using it for a while, and I find a use for everything I own.
I'm with the other dude saying he doesn't want 10 year old kids working on a guitar as slaves, however. I like knowing my stuff comes from a place where the skilled workers are at least paid enough to live.
Quote by JustRooster
I used to buy like that, too. 10 years of playing later I've come to learn a thing or two.

i've yet to actually sell a guitar, that i bought and intended to keep.

i have bought like 3 guitars, just to buy and get a feel for them (jazzmaster, stratocaster, and p90 les paul), i bought them off cl for the cheap to just see how i liked the pickups and such, then i sold them for a minimal loss.

everything else, i buy to keep.
Quote by stealstrings
Get the 60 anniversary Telecaster. Looks fricking awesome.

"I'm looking for a Tele but I'm low on funds."

"Buy a $1500 guitar."
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Sunshine86
"I'm looking for a Tele but I'm low on funds."

"Buy a $1500 guitar."

Sorry. Didn't read the first post properly.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Darkflame
^I'm at 6 years and I still buy to keep I buy stuff I love because I know I will be using it for a while, and I find a use for everything I own.
I'm with the other dude saying he doesn't want 10 year old kids working on a guitar as slaves, however. I like knowing my stuff comes from a place where the skilled workers are at least paid enough to live.

Actually the american companies pay them a lot more than any other jobs they can get. Without american companies demanding cheaper outsourced labor a lot of those people wouldnt even have food.

I dont care where a guitar is made, what matters is if it plays and sounds good.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Nov 2, 2011,
I actually read on a forum somehwere that these things are being made in Korea...
Quote by rcr5035
I actually read on a forum somehwere that these things are being made in Korea...

its complete bullshit.
So what if it's mic?

The korean made lite ash teles were incredible. Some where a bit iffy on QC, but if you tried before you buyed it was a fantastic guitar.

A marketing ploy prehaps, but its understandable. The new squiers (Also MIC...) theyve been pouring out have been great, im guessing they werent selling as much as they couldve because of the squier logo...
i'm looking at either the thinline or the plus too. anyone have an idea on when these ship? i've read it could be as late as January or February...
Guitar Center just called me because they got one of these in. The rep on the phone told me that they are made in China. I'm gonna try and stop by tonight to see if it's still there to try out.
I've played a few of them. The ones I played weren't anything special, they were kinda eh. I played a few of the other new models though, most notably the Jag model, and that was pretty sweet. The tele ones though, nothing special to me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Dat finish.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.