I just started the career of social and cultural anthropology and I find it very difficult... the subject of contemporary ethical is just insanly hard to understand, have you any experience on this carrer???
change careers bro
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by PowerOfGlove
wtf? you play guitar dude, be a rock-star, not a scientist

lol what this guy said
I'm going to study social antrphology in spring. How hard can it be
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by benedicto16
the subject of contemporary ethical

Right, so either that's a typo or you're making things up to sound intelligent. "Contemporary Ethical" makes absolutely 0 sense.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by wyldething
Right, so either that's a typo or you're making things up to sound intelligent. "Contemporary Ethical" makes absolutely 0 sense.

oh im sorry but i dont speak english very well, at least i understand it.
No need to anthrolpologise guy.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by HaistaPaska92
You lie, TS. No-one is really so naive as to ask career advice from The Pit

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1487497&highlight=firefighter
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by PowerOfGlove
wtf? you play guitar dude, be a rock-star, not a scientist

He's not a scientist. Social and Cultural Anthropology is the phrase Sociologists use to call themselves because they're embarrassed to admit to being sociologists.

Sociology =/= science.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by Crofty89
He's not a scientist. Social and Cultural Anthropology is the phrase Sociologists use to call themselves because they're embarrassed to admit to being sociologists.

Sociology =/= science.

Funny joke. But basically, Cultural (in US; Social in UK) Anthropologists will live with people in other countries (or even their own country) to learn about them, or they will apply what they know about a certain population to determine whether or not something (like some kind of projected policy) clashes with the people it affects.

The Brazilian government tried to build five dams on the indigenous Kayapo's land, and they Kayapo stopped them. Cultural Anthropologists can be involved in this kind of thing.
Last edited by Jfsmith at Oct 31, 2011,
Quote by wyldething

I think he means modern ethics. Or my brain is making sense out of something it really doesn't understand.

Would that be like tracing back all of our taboos, habits, and social norms back to our roots? I love that kind of stuff! I'm taking an anthropology class right now, but not doing so well just because I can't remember all these damn Latin names.
Quote by Crofty89

Sociology =/= science.

I'd say sociology actually has a better reputation than anthropology. At least amongst morons like yourself.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Aren't you the guy who moved from Venezuela or something to Portugal? Making fun of your English makes me cooler
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
Aren't you the guy who moved from Venezuela or something to Portugal? Making fun of your English makes me cooler

xD from venezuela to spain, next country ill go is yours so i can steal your jobs.
If I wasn't a political science major I'd be an anthropology major. The cultural anthropology section at the American Museum of Natural History where they've got bridal gowns from medieval Tibet and that sort of thing is my favorite one after the dinosaurs.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm studying cultural right now. What do you need to know?
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
I'm studying cultural right now. What do you need to know?

I want to know how hard it is the career, I'm starting it and I see that many things are interesting but also it has many quite difficult to understand concepts