I'm looking to sell my pedals and invest in a good multi-effects unit.

Things I need:
3+ simultaneous effects
Ability to create and quickly switch between effects presets
Multiple reverbs and delays, as well as at least one phaser and chorus
FX loop compatibility

Things I don't need:
Amp/cab modeling of any kind
Top quality distortion/overdrive units

Budget: Around $300 would be ideal, possibly more depending on how much money I can get for my gear
New or Used: No preference
Genre(s): Post-rock, alternative
Current gear: Space Echo, Tubescreamer, Big Muff, volume pedal, LPB-1, EQ, Peavey Valveking
Closest City: Austin, TX

Currently the two units I'm most interested in are the Line 6 M9 and M13. I'd rather shy away from the POD HD series simply because I have no use for amp modeling. I think the M9 would be enough for me unless someone can convince me to get the M13.

Thanks in advance for reading/input
Sounds like you've pretty much figured it out for yourself. The next problem is that the M13 doesn't cost $300. So the M9 it is. Or the Zoom G3 and just don't use amp models.
A used Boss ME50 is bout a $100(us), I like 'em, very versatile and easy to use. I wouldn't entertain my neighbors without it. Apparently the Zoom G3 is pretty sweet, I wouldn't know, they haven't quite made there way around to my neck 'o the woods yet. The g3 has a looper and built in drum machine, I'd trade my looper and drum machine for one right now.
The ME50 is fantastic (generally what I use) but does not have a lot of selection in terms of reverb, though the phaser and chorus is pretty swell, and there are a surprising amount of options for delay. The distortion on them leaves something to be desired however
I've got an ME50 as well, I've been using it for a few years now, it's never let me down through countless gigs & rehearsals and has more effects than I'll ever need it for, including all those you've listed.

I'd recommend it very highly, but for one thing: you said you wanted to use effects patches - the ME50 can do this, but I believe some people claim to experience a slight delay when changing between them. I've never experienced it as I don't use patches, I actually chose this unit because it is designed to work as 3 separate stomp boxes which it's great at.

If you're definitely going to be using patches, make sure you check this out before committing to the purchase.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by fly135
Sounds like you've pretty much figured it out for yourself. The next problem is that the M13 doesn't cost $300. So the M9 it is. Or the Zoom G3 and just don't use amp models.

Ive seen quite a few M13s for $300. A couple on Clist and a few on GC used. Of course of GC used you also will be looking at a little bit for shipping too.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
I'm really thinking the M13, then. The idea of having a DL4 and a Verbzilla (plus all the other goodies) for the same price as what it'd cost me just to get those two pedals is too tantalizing to give up.
Quote by Helicopters!
I'm looking to sell my pedals and invest in a good multi-effects unit.

Things I need:
3+ simultaneous effects
Ability to create and quickly switch between effects presets
Multiple reverbs and delays, as well as at least one phaser and chorus
FX loop compatibility

Things I don't need:
Amp/cab modeling of any kind
Top quality distortion/overdrive units

Currently the two units I'm most interested in are the Line 6 M9 and M13. I'd rather shy away from the POD HD series simply because I have no use for amp modeling. I think the M9 would be enough for me unless someone can convince me to get the M13.

Thanks in advance for reading/input

the m13 has an extra preset bank (so a,b, and c presets for 4 effects) while the m9 only has 2 presets per bank, and 3 simultaneous effects.

the m13 doesn't have better sounds, and the looper is the same, but the seperate lcds do make things easier to tweak, you have more effects ready at your feet, and sometimes i just add on a 4th effect for some feedback for like 1 second.

i don't always use 4 effects on the m13, its usually like 3 or so, but sometimes i want to turn on some tremolo for just a second, or some other such effect, so it has that potential.... however, the m9 is much more compact...
I've got an M13 and love it. Although I'd say it's rare that I ever use 4 effects, even 3 at once. The main advantage of the 13 is more buttons really. 3x4 on the M13 rather than the 2x3 on the M9.
Quote by 00_hns_00
i don't always use 4 effects on the m13, its usually like 3 or so, but sometimes i want to turn on some tremolo for just a second, or some other such effect, so it has that potential.... however, the m9 is much more compact...

I thought about mentioning this and decided against it, but since you brought it up here's my situation. The M13 has a pretty damn large footprint. If I were playing more shows I'm pretty sure I would get like a TC G Major to run my delays and verbs in the loop, and then downgrade to an M9 for the effects I like on that in front of the amp. A small midi controller to switch presets on the G major, and probably a Digitech Whammy and a midi mouse to control that. (Don't want to waste an effect slot for that esp. on an M9). Plus an exp pedal for the M9 and a tubescreamer, an M13 just takes too much space.
I vote for the Zoom G3. It allows you to combine 3 different effects (3 separate lcds) and turn them on/off (bypass) individually. Should be very easy to tweak and find a good sound/tone out of.

I own the previous model: zoom g2, and it is pretty sweet (wasnt the most user-friendly in terms of tweaking, but is decent). You might not like either for the modeling, but it's pretty accurate and the effect settings (when set right), sound great!
^Idk man, its personal preference I guess. I haven't tried the G3 so I cannot tell you for sure...

I have a G2 which presumably should be a similar "platform" to the G3. For a compact multi-effects unit, the G2 is pretty decent for what it does. Again, I don't like all the built in effects (and yes, not all of them sound good), but if you are patient to play with and tweak the settings you'll get some nice, rewarding tones.

I now use my G2 for the cleans in front of my other pedals and to be completely honest, some of the overdriven and modulation sounds that I've gotten out of it are even better than my other stand-alone high end pedals. So, a lot of the time I use it exclusively (its also a lot less of a hassle to plug in and carry around compared to a board).

In the end though, whatever you decide on has to sound good to you. So, look for and try out other units - perhaps one of the Boss ME or Line 6 units.

The M13 appears to have a large footprint, so keep that in mind. You seem to be mainly looking for modulation and delay sounds over OD/dist sounds out of the unit, so I'd say M9 if you're picking between the two.

Good luck !
hello,
has anyone ever used or have any comments on the Boss GT-6?
looking at a used one for around 150$.
-----------------------
Dillion DL-650
Ovation Celebrity
Marshall AVT150H Head
Marshall TSL100 Head
Behringer Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by jason_999
hello,
has anyone ever used or have any comments on the Boss GT-6?
looking at a used one for around 150$.
That's a top price. Great FX and lots of control features and midi support. Not the best amp models, but you could do worse. And it will probably hold it's value for a while. I'd offer $100, you have some negotiating room. But $150 isn't a ripoff.
Quote by fly135
That's a top price. Great FX and lots of control features and midi support. Not the best amp models, but you could do worse. And it will probably hold it's value for a while. I'd offer $100, you have some negotiating room. But $150 isn't a ripoff.

Thanks for the info! at least i have a better idea on what its real dollar value is.

Jason
-----------------------
Dillion DL-650
Ovation Celebrity
Marshall AVT150H Head
Marshall TSL100 Head
Behringer Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
+100,000,000 to the M13. Definitely worth hunting down one used, or saving up. I initally had an M9, and only upgraded because I found a guy wanting to trade his M13 for an M9 and $50 bucks. Thought I would never use the 4 effects, but now I'm almost always using all 4 banks at the same time. Granted, I play really ambient lead stuff, but it's also nice if you want to have an EQ or a noise gate always on.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by jason_999
Thanks for the info! at least i have a better idea on what its real dollar value is.

Jason
The best way to answer this question is to start with an eBay completed listing...

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Multi-Effects-/41419/i.html?_nkw=gt-6&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_dmpt=Guitar_Accessories&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

You can usually get a better price negotiating on CL because people will take less to avoid the fees and hassle. You can see from the above that $150 is a typical price. One sold for $257, which is insane. But it gives you a good idea of the ability to turn over a product.

I avoid eBay for selling and try to sell on CL. I'd probably ask $150, let it ride for a few weeks and then be willing to go down to $125. But I also tend to hold on to stuff and relist rather than let it go cheap.
Quote by souperman08
+100,000,000 to the M13. Definitely worth hunting down one used, or saving up. I initally had an M9, and only upgraded because I found a guy wanting to trade his M13 for an M9 and $50 bucks.
That was a nice score. I think the size of the M13 has turned off a lot of people and sent them to the M9 instead.

I got lucky and picked up a new M5 for $106 shipped.
Quote by fly135
That was a nice score. I think the size of the M13 has turned off a lot of people and sent them to the M9 instead.

I got lucky and picked up a new M5 for $106 shipped.

It's true, I think they're actually trying to "phase out" the M13. You don't see it for sale as often anymore, and when my friend went to update the firmware on his, they didn't have it listed under the supported devices (He did the M9 update and it worked anyways).

The M5 (to me anyways) shows that Line 6 listens to their market.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I think with the M13 they wanted to go all out and realized that generally a lot of people don't need that much and can get by with the M9 using the scene selection.

I got my M13 when they were just coming out for $400 new so I'm happy with that I'm still considering downgrading to an M9 though.
Wow, those G3 videos sound pretty sweet. But, frankly, I'm not too bothered about the footprint of the M13. I only find used M9s for around $300, and I see used M13s for $325-350 all day, so I don't see why I wouldn't want to spend the extra cash.