Right, I'm looking for a 7 string, and these two are in the same price range. They're nearly identical in most respects, other than the MH having EMGs (81-7/707) and a rosewood fingerboard as opposed to the Septor Pro's Cepheus actives and Ebony fingerboard.

For the people with Agile 7 strings, how would you describe the neck? I really like the ESP 'Thin U' shape, so if it's similar to that I may as well go for the Septor, but then the ESP has (presumably) better pickups.

Looking to play Progressive/melodic Death Metal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 31, 2011,
I've heard the Agile active pickups are not all that bad, BUT they are routed to fit EMG's IIRC. Just in case you wanted to switch 'em out later.

The neck on my Interceptor Pro 727 is slightly thicker than an Ibanez. but very slightly. It's still rather thin. If you've ever played a Schecter Damien Elite 7/8, the neck is a little thinner than that.

I own an LTD H-100 awhile back.. I don't remember the neck that well but I do remember it felt rather nice and thin. Thinner than my Schecter.
I love my MH-417. Plays great, excellent build quality and stays in tune extremely well. I would have preferred it didn't have EMGs and a locking bridge.
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-417
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Ltd dude.

It's a fantastic guitar with an awesome neck.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I really liked the 6 string Thin U, how's the 7 string one Tom?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Nice.

I would say its actually a copy of the Ibanez Prestige 7 neck but with a little more depth to it and a slightly more rounded profile. Very comfortable and very familiar. The Matt finish on the neck is great too. It's very comfortable and feels familiar. I didn't get that flat plank of wood feeling I get off most 7s.

My only gripe is the colour and EMGs but if its like my old satin black Ltd they gloss up nicely after a few weeks.

They will both be of a similar quality, or should be, but I would rather the LTD over the Agile.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well, that's pretty much perfect considering I liked the Ibanez necks I played (WII 7? Maybe a WIII 7) but they were a bit flat for my tastes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
MH417 +1

thats a sick guitar. ive been played them and their great, i like thicker necks but whatever. get the ltd over the agile
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Well, you guys convinced me. 417 it is.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
On another note: The Cepheus pickups... how are they compared to the 81-7/707 set in the LTD?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
On another note: The Cepheus pickups... how are they compared to the 81-7/707 set in the LTD?

The EMG pickups are much better. If you want some real DJENT tones, you can swap them around and run the 707 in the bridge.
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808