#5


50%?

edit: I don't think it can be solved on second glance. You can't pick 25% because there's 2 of the 25% options. So you think 50%, but that doesn't give you the right answer either.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Oct 31, 2011,
#8
E. Fuck that shit.

I'm very hungry waiting on pizza to get here and am in no mood for thinking much
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
#9
If the answer is 50%... there's still only a 25% chance you pick 50%

This problem cannot be answered.
Last edited by ButtHurt© at Oct 31, 2011,
#10
A and/or D. There are 4 possible answers, so the chance is 25%, even if there are 2 of the same answer.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.


I'm just a hedonist without happiness
#11
There is no correct answer. Anyone who says otherwise does not understand the question.

The possibility of guessing 25 is 50.
The possibility of guessing 50 is 25.
And the possibility of guessing 60 is 25.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Last edited by Dwight.Schrute at Oct 31, 2011,
#12
Quote by Dirge Humani
I use reddit too.


i actually found this on another forum. **** reddit
i don't know why i feel so dry
#13
Quote by doomded
A and/or D. There are 4 possible answers, so the chance is 25%, even if there are 2 of the same answer.

But it's asking for the answer to this question specifically.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...


...but the rape never came
#15
i love paradoxes.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
#16
Did a quick bit of tabling for this.


If Actual Answer Was:   25%    50%    60%

Possible Choices are:   25%    25%    25%
                        50%    50%    50%
                        60%    60%    60%
                        25%    25%    25%

No. of right answers:    2      1      1




Therefore there are are 4 possible answers out of 12 possible combinations, giving me a probability of 1/3 of getting it right. Which is 33%, and not an option. Hmm.

So after that I decided to give up
Last edited by Gr!t at Oct 31, 2011,
#17
^^ I dont think it's so much of a paradox as just no correct answer.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
#20
Quote by Kerry_King_1990
the answer is Milk


Genius!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
#21
Since 25% is twice and there are 2 other choices, there is a 1/3 or 33% chance. Since there is no 33%, there is no right answer there, so the chance of picking the right answer from that is 0%. Unless I'm being dim...
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
#22
God, I love stuff like this. You spend a couple of minutes deep-frying your brain in a hot tub of boiling paradox, and when you finally realize that there is no right answer, you rage laugh.

Gold! Thanks, TS.


Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
#23
Quote by lyonk55
Since 25% is twice and there are 2 other choices, there is a 1/3 or 33% chance. Since there is no 33%, there is no right answer there, so the chance of picking the right answer from that is 0%. Unless I'm being dim...

You are.
There are four different answers, even with 25 up there twice. There is 1/4 chance of A, 1/4 chance of B, 1/4 chance of C, and 1/4 chance of D.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
#24
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
You are.
There are four different answers, even with 25 up there twice. There is 1/4 chance of A, 1/4 chance of B, 1/4 chance of C, and 1/4 chance of D.


Yeah, I see what I did.

I was right with the 0% though wasn't I? Just my working was wrong: a 4 question multiple choice has 1/4 chance of being right, so 25%, but there is a 50% chance of picking 25% here, which means B, but there is only a 25% chance of picking B, meaning A or D and so on...
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
#26
Is there any point to this at all...?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.


Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.


I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
#27
Quote by lyonk55
Yeah, I see what I did.

I was right with the 0% though wasn't I? Just my working was wrong: a 4 question multiple choice has 1/4 chance of being right, so 25%, but there is a 50% chance of picking 25% here, which means B, but there is only a 25% chance of picking B, meaning A or D and so on...

Yes, none of the answers displayed are correct.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
#28
i'd say A. taking into account how many of the people looking at the question see the two 25%
#29
Quote by behind_you
It's the 40 + 40 x 0 + 1 thread all over again

No, because that was an elementary school question. There wasn't anything head messing about it, unless you suck at mathematics.

This is a trickier question however. Since the correct answer isn't available, I'd say it's 0%.
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
You are.
There are four different answers, even with 25 up there twice. There is 1/4 chance of A, 1/4 chance of B, 1/4 chance of C, and 1/4 chance of D.

It's more complicated than this. If the answer is 25% both A and D would be correct and there would be a 50% chance of getting it right. If any of the other answers are true though, the chances of getting it right are down to 25%.

Assuming the right answer is among the choices, there's a 33% chance of 25, 50 or 60 being it. If 25, there's a 50% chance of guessing it right, 25% for the others:

P=1/3*1/2+1/3*1/4+1/3*1/4=1/3
#30
Quote by frankv
It's more complicated than this.

I know, check my earlier posts.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.