I have an EH holly grail reverb,
It is 9vdc/500ma.
I tried hooking it to my voodoo lap pp2 and it is getting some noise.
It is dead quiet with it's adapter.
I was trying to not have a power strip on my board.
I have 12 other pedals that all power up with no problems.

Any have any other similar problems with the PP2?
I assume there is no way around it....gotta use a power strip?

thanks
I've heard (Never owned the pedal so don't take my word for it) that they really need the power supply. Drew Shirley from Switchfoot uses one with the voodoo labs, and he keeps it out of his signal chain with an looper. (See at about 2:40 in the video here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkWpbKQ2ONw
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
You can plug the Holy Grail's power supply into the back of the PP2+. But the Holy Grail is just inherently a noisy pedal...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Somebody else just posted the other day about using a power supply with their Holy Grail and the noise that it caused. I've never noticed any noise from mine but I don't pay a lot of attention either so...If it's that much quieter with the adapter, I would just use it instead, a pain I know but better than a lot of excess noise.
Quote by LaidBack
You can plug the Holy Grail's power supply into the back of the PP2+. But the Holy Grail is just inherently a noisy pedal...

yeah, they have a courtesy plug back there. but in general i have had a similar experience with the pedal, just a unpredictably noisy pedal. i traded mine after i figured it was just not a solid and consistent pedal for my purposes.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
yeah, they have a courtesy plug back there. but in general i have had a similar experience with the pedal, just a unpredictably noisy pedal. i traded mine after i figured it was just not a solid and consistent pedal for my purposes.

Yeah....I have to plug a power strip to the back of the pp2 anyways...I don't have enough wall plugs in my room where I play...I plug my amp into this power strip....don't worry, it is only a 1/4 watt killer ant...it used very little power consumption.

I was just under the impression that the whole purpose of the pp2 was to reduce noise, wasn't expecting to see problems with any pedals.