Hey dudes, i got 4 months left before i start College and am going to start taking practice serious to get my guitar skills to the next level.. ive been playing for 2 and a half years and am a 'low' intermediate player.. im mainly into blues (albert king, BB..) and hard rock like GnR...

this is the schedule ive been thinking of sticking to starting tomorrow. any suggestions on things to add or change???

*theory and reading (not sure where to place it yet.)

1. E.T. (intervals training) (30 m)

2. Scales / Arpeggios (60 m) *i think im gonna add practicing licks with metronome

- Penta 30
- G major 30

3. Improvisation (60 m)
- Blues / Pentatonic 30
- Major Scales 30

4. Rhythm (60 m)
- Strumming Patterns (ex blues shuffle, hendrix like tricks) 20
- Appregiation patterns 10

- Folk style (mainly rhythmic patterns, bossa, jazz) 30

(5.) PIANO practice (90 m)

then back to guitar
6. Song (working on tender surrender) (30 to 60 min)

7. Technique
- Alt picking 30
- Sweeping 30
- Legato 40
- Tapping 30
- P.H.

thnx dudes
Last edited by dgunblatt at Oct 31, 2011,
in your scales are you only workign on the pentatonic and g major?
try playing in different keys you dont usually do like E or Bflat

also add some harmonic theory(chords and shit) it will really help your playing and improvising out

other than that you seem like you know what your doing and just remember to take a few breaks on it you dont want to burn yourself out
Quote by supersac
in your scales are you only workign on the pentatonic and g major?
try playing in different keys you dont usually do like E or Bflat

also add some harmonic theory(chords and shit) it will really help your playing and improvising out

other than that you seem like you know what your doing and just remember to take a few breaks on it you dont want to burn yourself out

yeah im movin them around a bit. last week i focused on CMajor and abit of Cminor.. so ive turned my attention to GM ftm.
good idea bout the minor harmonic scales man..

thnx man