hey guys! im a guitarist looking to maybe pick up a USED bass to learn a little.
price range would be probably up to 150dollars(think 250-500new); but the cheaper i can get it, the better

now, the thing im most concerned about is playability.
tbh my philosophy on instruments is as long as it plays nice its good; electronics can later be swapped out.

so out of the cheap models, what do you guys recommend?
the only experience ive had with basses are a rouge fretless bass(like 110new) that was REALLY good imo, and an epi eb-0 which SUCKED, imo.

also, feel free to recommend amps

thanks guys
a used fender is the epitome of playability and "tried and true". And no bass has more easy and affordable mod and upgrade options as a fender.
Squier Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe series.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Quote by itzkpanda
Squier Vintage Modified or Classic Vibe series.

^from squier.

and that's the way i went recently... (look at sig )
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
I've got a Tanglewood bass that isn't too bad, and that was fairly cheap (though now I think about it, you can get a better used one for the same price as a new one of these. Hmmm.... )

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Squier Affinity Jazz
But you gotta be really lucky with them, as quality control VARIES SO MUCH
Quote by Highelf04
Squier Affinity Jazz
But you gotta be really lucky with them, as quality control VARIES SO MUCH

I imagine that VM Squiers are just higher quality controlled basses. I like them for that low price.
Quote by davem27
silly me...helps alot

thanks guys; i may go with squier, for what you guys said, easy mods. and i know even for guitars the vintage modified/classic vibe are good.

will also check out used ibanez and washburn

we're always glad to help. good luck, and come and comment how're you doing with your quest for a new bass
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
How are Harley Benton basses? I am looking for a cheap bass too and I came across that brand.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant