Page 1 of 2
Our house had hardly any kids tonight, and some people I know only had around 10 people come. Do the kids just not trick-or-treat anymore or what? Back when I was younger, there were swarms of kids on the streets, what changed? Its quite sad
Last edited by a7xplayer at Oct 31, 2011,
I didn't have a single trick or treater. And I know there are kids all over my neighborhood.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Went through two party-size bags of Snickers and Kit Kat/Reese's Cups respectively tonight. We do live in a townhouse community with the majority being families with K-12 kids, so many visitors are expected, and many visitors came.

The spirit of Halloween is dead where you live. How sad.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
That's good. More candy for you!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It was 50 degrees and raining outside today

I'm not surprised that no one was outside trick or treating
In some towns here, they do a thing where people set up on the side of the main street, and the kids just parade through and pick up candy.

It's not fair. When I was a kid, we had to go house-to-house, we didn't know if we were going to get pennies, toothbrushes, or smiles from a registered sex offender or what.
parents shelter there kids to much....they wont let them wander the streets alone....but htey are too lazy to go with them....so....less trick or treaters....

TS when you have a van and a morgans law sign in your yard it doesnt help matters all that much...
I haz gotten gud
Yeah man, a couple of years ago there used to be a few kids knocking on doors, know there isn't a single one, even in the malls.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Sweet, I'm not banned anymore. I'm 17 and was in a group of 9 people and we went trick or treating and got LOTS of candy. Was amazing.
I don't know about you guys, but maybe I took it too far with the pentagrams and upside down crosses on fire...
Quote by chaoticfables
Yeah I've noticed the tradition dying too.

Humanity is re-entering the dark ages, the last thing anyone is going to think about is tradition
Its just you.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Here, fucking churches set up these things called "Trunk-or-treat" where everyone parks in the church parking lot and hands out candy from the back of their cars.

Personally, I think it's retarded.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Here, fucking churches set up these things called "Trunk-or-treat" where everyone parks in the church parking lot and hands out candy from the back of their cars.

It sounds retarded
been pissed at halloween ever since my house got egged. i just shut down during it now and let my dog roam the yard to make sure people don't come near it. besides, 80 lbs dogs are pretty scary, so the halloween spirit isn't dead in me.
Quote by Primus2112

They do that here too. Back when I was a kid churches had festivals with all kinds of games and games and shit. And it was awesome.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The hell TS? I just went trick or treating.

And over here, it depends on where you live. There's an area of town called Brentwood that always gets the most because it's very close to the school.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by stonedhippos
been pissed at halloween ever since my house got egged. i just shut down during it now and let my dog roam the yard to make sure people don't come near it. besides, 80 lbs dogs are pretty scary, so the halloween spirit isn't dead in me.

lol... made my day
Last year, my family left a bowl of Kit-kats on our porch because we were going to be gone that night.

When we came home, a fox was eating one. He ran away with one.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
It was pretty dead here too. I guess a bunch of neighborhoods stopped giving out candy at 8pm.
XBL? Add me: RenegadeSynxx
Quote by Primus2112

It's safe, controlled fun. Your kids don't end up getting candy from strangers, or worse, people of color. Everyone brings a bag of Tootsie Rolls and hands out Tootsie Rolls to the other Trunk-or-Treaters. Nasty candy diversity is avoided and everyone goes home happy.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I got far less trick or treaters this year than any year I can remember. Add to that the temperature was much more tolerable tonight than it usually is on Halloween.
PM me for newts
Trick or treating has never even been a tradition around here and I don't think they do it in other european countries too. Maybe people here aren't so obsessed about candy or whatever.

There's a lot of partying though..
I'M A COWBOY
That's odd..... Very odd. ^^ I'll go clean you out.

But here in the Pass, mostly us teenagers go out. Theres toddlers with their parents, a couple in between, then almost everbody at the high school.... Then we go out and party after.

I think it depends on what time you shut 'er down. Half the town was lights-out by 8:30, and we went out at about 8. There's this period of time from 7:30-8:30 that everybody's out, then after that it's bedtime for little ones and bush/lawn/house parties for the rest.
Trust me, halloween spirit is not gone, we just celebrate it differently. No need to worry. Just drive by and shoot candy out of paint ball guns at us while we're in the bushes, and we'll make it a point not to egg your house
good night, UGers.
EDIT - first comment was directed at StewieSwan!! otherwise it sounds awful...
Quote by EyeForgot
I dont like death
except DETH

Rust in piece, Brennan.

you don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

i crossed my arms and felt like a pretzel named sophie

The universe, man
Last edited by \m/Death\m/ at Nov 1, 2011,
I live in an area that is split into a middle class neighborhood where I live, an upper class neighborhood where my girlfriend lives, a lower class neighborhood, and a trailer park. They all come into my neighborhood and the road to my house becomes extremely saturated with people, running around without costumes too. I just got home.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I noticed this beginning to happen in the 1990's when I still lived in Orange County, CA and is probably the result of demographic shifts. People have fewer kids now (especially in white communities), if they have kids at all, and so Halloween is a pretty muted affair these days.

Back when I was a kid in the 1960's, all those boomer kids like me made Halloween quite a festive event, complete with parades. We would spend a good two hours walking all over the place trick or treating. I mean, the sidewalks would be mobbed by gaggles of kids with their bags of candy.

Tonight, maybe 15 kids total come to my door and this is even though we have two apartment complexes next door to my development, too, where you would think there would be more young families. America is aging and this is a symptom of it.
The last few years had died down quite a bit in our neighborhood. Never more than 20 kids. These year we had 30+ the first hour. I think it just took people some time to do some baby making/child raising.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by White_Venom1993
Sweet, I'm not banned anymore. I'm 17 and was in a group of 9 people and we went trick or treating and got LOTS of candy. Was amazing.

At 17? Back in my day (cue old man voice) in the 1960's, if you went out past the age of 13 people would wonder what the hell was wrong with you. In fact, the last time I went was when I was in eighth grade and me and my friends did get a couple of people asking, "aren't you guys a little old for this?"
I'm 23 and I was trick or treating for three hours. I just got back with my haul.

Keeping the scene alive.
Quote by Primus2112

That sucks. I know that every year Paul Crouch, who runs the Trinity Broadcasting Network, and his lackeys inveighs against Halloween, calling it a celebration of death and satanic. In areas where you have a lot of holy roller types attitudes like that from local pastors might at least partially account for a subdued Halloween turnout.
Quote by Butt Rayge
It's a shit tradition anyway.
Yeah free candy and fun=shit.

FUCK FUN!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Butt Rayge
It's a shit tradition anyway.

Begging for candy is a laughable act in many cultures lol.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
It's safe, controlled fun. Your kids don't end up getting candy from strangers, or worse, people of color. Everyone brings a bag of Tootsie Rolls and hands out Tootsie Rolls to the other Trunk-or-Treaters. Nasty candy diversity is avoided and everyone goes home happy.

Indeed.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by darkstar2466
Begging for candy is a laughable act in many cultures lol.

Too bad "Trick or treat" is very obviously a threat. I don't see other cultures frowning on DEMANDING candy.
My sig? Nice.
Page 1 of 2