Is it as simple as sticking a piece of wood in between the block and the body?
Am i then able to re string then tune like a normal guitar?
Thanks guys!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
basically or you can get something like a tremel-no but basically yeah just wedge something between the block and the body to stop it from moving

anything from a peice of wood to pennies to a 9volt battery will wokr(i dont recomend th ebattery it might leak)
I use to use just a piece of wood and I would just remove all tension from the springs so the tension from the strings would hold it in place.
Quote by Darkdevil725
I use to use just a piece of wood and I would just remove all tension from the springs so the tension from the strings would hold it in place.

This works, but I'd prefer to put the piece on the other side and over-tighten the springs. That way it will also stay put if you take all your strings off when changing them.
If you can't handle a floyd you really should sell your guitar on ebay.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
ive tried, no fishies are biting. over the course of about 3 months sooo yeah this my last resort. along with a pickup change
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
Try putting it up on craigslist for trade? You should try reading the Craigslist section of my website in my signature, it might have some useful information for you.

But I use the block method I suggested basically cause if I ever wanted to go back to floating for a particular song I could just tighten the springs till I am able to slide the block out and then fine tune it. Back to floating in less than 2 minutes.