So I've had my Hot Rod Deluxe for a while and I'm getting tired of the crappy drive channel. I love the cleans, but I want some good tube grit too. Anyway, I've been reading about Carvin's X60 amps and have the opportunity to pick one up for $350.

Does anyone have any experience with these amps in particular (either the X60a or X60b)?

I want to keep a really good clean tone like my Fender but get a good OD (no metal, really, more just rock and blues). How does the clean on the Carvin compare to the HRD?

I suppose my budget would be $300-400 depending on what I can get for the HRD and I'm in Ann Arbor, MI currently. For guitars I use an Ovation Preacher, MIM Tele and Ibanez AS73. Pedals - GFS Tuner, MXR DynaComp, Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet 2, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, EHX Small Stone RI and MXR Carbon Copy.

If anyone has suggestions I'd love you forever
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Those are very nice amps. Ive actually rec'd those a couple times in the last day or so. Amazing clean channel (I prefer to fender but Im biased). They go for dirt cheap too and actually have nice gain channels unlike the Hot Rods. I would go for the carvin.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Basically a 60 watt version of the X100Bs if I recall. Frank Zappa was one of the big names to use that amp. Basically a Marshally tone for the drive with a very nice clean channel.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Sweet. Thanks for the opinions, guys. I may pull the trigger on it now

Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"