Is there any website where you can learn to read music? I am not talking tabs, but to be able to read guitar music properly. I dont have anyone to teach me how to read and i did search but i couldnt find a detailed course anywhere. Is it a good idea or should i try to find a music theory teacher?
Reading music is easy; but it's like a new language, you have to practice everyday so you don't forget. Learn the basics (treble and bass clef, where each note is, ledger lines, etc.) then use something that helps graphically(I use Guitar Pro and take out the "Tab" and read/write only in music notation.) and you'll be reading in no time!

In any case, if you're having difficulty, ask someone here in the forums or get a teacher(a good one, that is.)
thanks for the answers. I was wondering what is the main difference between piano sheet music and guitar sheet music?
The main difference is that guitarists usually transpose an octave up, so we would play a note an octave higher than a pianist would.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
^ I think he means to get a concert middle C (for the sake of argument) on guitar you'd have to transpose up an octave to get a concert C4.
Quote by hhhhdmt
Is there any website where you can learn to read music? I am not talking tabs, but to be able to read guitar music properly. I dont have anyone to teach me how to read and i did search but i couldnt find a detailed course anywhere. Is it a good idea or should i try to find a music theory teacher?

well, if there is a website that teaches it great, but chances are you will need to invest in a good ol fashioned method book. There are plenty of choices, and they are not very expensive.
shred is gaudy music
You always have to "learn how to read" before you can read. This is a great site: http://www.musictheory.net/

Click into Lessons and start right at the top and work your way through the all of the lessons. These are the fundamentals you'll NEED.

Then you can click on Exercises the test that you know/remember what you learned. Make sure to go back and refresh stuff you didn't remember.

Then start doing some reading, you can use this site http://www.8notes.com/flute_sheet_music.asp?orderby=3&difficulty=0 it has a bunch of great simple charts to read through.

That should get you going. Then just continue to find new things to read through.
Quote by hhhhdmt
thanks for the answers. I was wondering what is the main difference between piano sheet music and guitar sheet music?

Piano music utilizes a grand staff and guitar music utilizes a treble clef. Also, Treble clef is tranposed an octave down. Middle C for guitar music is C3.