Hello !!

i need a tutorial about how to do a 3 string sweep ?? ( bullet for my valentine - eye of the storm ) is a good example of what i'm talking about

thnx
I had terrible trouble with sweeps all this summer. After a while of surfing UG I found a good tidbit of info. Try to make the pick drop onto the next string down.. After dialling in that I improved much quicker.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Is it just me or does anyone else find

1) 3 string sweeps are harder than 4 and 5 string sweeps and
2) It's easier to sweep physically upwards (as in, descending)

You'd think it would be the other way around - 1) has less strings, and 2) going physically downwards (ascending) has gravity on your side. Though I guess with 1) it's the frequency of changing the pick direction that makes it harder.
Last edited by llBlackenedll at Nov 1, 2011,
I think 3's are easy, as in I learned them first. I thought that less strings, the easier it must be, and I slaved away until I could do them. Now, 4's I can do, but 5's are brutal. I guess it's just the way you learn.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I prefer doing five and three string arpeggios. Four stringers just mess me up a bit for some reason.

I learned how to do five string arpeggios first, so I feel like three string arpeggios are a little harder, but that's due to my picking technique always lagging behind my fretting technique; the faster turnaround on three-string arpeggios used to give me problems.