okay so i am building a telecaster and i ordered a kit of pots for it and they were so low quality the metal melted on them before my solder did and the switch was worse. i am wondering what the absolute best pots and switches are and where i can get them? please help.
I prefer Fender CTS Pots and Fender American switches. It just makes sense to me to get the same parts Fender would put in their high-end Strats and Teles.

I use Fender branded CTS pots in all my guitars, they may cost more up front, but I have never had to replace one and they work perfect. Same with their switches, just watch out. They use cheap switches on the Mexi and Squiers, make sure you get a good quality American one.

You may want to look at a 4 way switch in the Tele, I put one in mine... The option to run either series or parallel is really cool. I just built a Tele with the CTS pots and 4 way and have no regrets what-so-ever.
Quote by SupermanDT
okay so i am building a telecaster and i ordered a kit of pots for it and they were so low quality the metal melted on them before my solder did and the switch was worse. i am wondering what the absolute best pots and switches are and where i can get them? please help.

YIKES!! Thats not good. well you can buy some from stewmac.com. there's are very good quality. you could even buy a wiring kit whick would include the jack wire pots and switch. depends which one you get.