Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I am actually taking guitar classes. I will be part of a talent show either in December or next spring playing Skillet - Monster. This is the song i am rehearsing right now. Right now i am doing the song alone with my teacher playing the drum but i will do it as a band.

My question is it true that guys in a band playing guitar get all the girls ? While i did not get into music for this i am just curious.
It's true in 100% of bands that have ever been made.

With the one exception be Skillet
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
Not for playing Skillet, that's for damn sure.

this.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
come on this was the easies song i found. MOnster by skillet is so popish. I want to go into heavy metal when i am better. so i should play a pop song or what ?
Quote by blake1221
Not for playing Skillet, that's for damn sure.

Actually, the only people I know who like Skillet are dumb easy girls.
If you want girls specifically, play something with a lighter melody, not radio rock trash.

Jasey Rae by All Time Low on acoustic, for example, would get you some.

Quote by Weaponized

Gross.
Quote by Weaponized

...Genius.

Quote by blake1221
If you want girls specifically, play something with a lighter melody, not radio rock trash.

Jasey Rae by All Time Low on acoustic, for example, would get you some.

That.
It may make them interested initially, but fret not, your repulsive personality will drive them away soon enough.

Edit: I just realized I made an awesome pun unintentionally. Nice.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Edit: I just realized I made an awesome pun unintentionally. Nice.

haven't heard that one B4.

GET IT? b4? like the GUITAR CHORD

/sarcasm
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bast1981
come on this was the easies song i found. MOnster by skillet is so popish. I want to go into heavy metal when i am better. so i should play a pop song or what ?

You should do what the **** you want.
Quote by bluekirby7
haven't heard that one B4.

GET IT? b4? like the GUITAR CHORD

/sarcasm

There is no such thing as a B4 chord
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Wouldn't a B power chord on the right octave be a B4?

wait....somethings not right here, people are talking about guitar related topics in the pit?!
this place has changed man...
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

A B4 would be a B note with its fourth (E), which would not be a chord, but a dyad.

I think.
Quote by T.s.e
There is no such thing as a B4 chord

what would you call a chord with a B Eb E Gb and A then?
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

Octave? No. That would just be B again. I think a Bsus4 would be the most correct term for the chord.
Quote by RU Experienced?
A B4 would be a B note with its fourth (E), which would not be a chord, but a dyad.

I think.

I'm never gonna crack jokes while watching movies, eating and trying to browse the pit. My bad
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Quote by thamason69
wait....somethings not right here, people are talking about guitar related topics in the pit?!
this place has changed man...

No, don't worry, this is the first and last time.

Quote by blake1221
Octave? No. That would just be B again. I think a Bsus4 would be the most correct term for the chord.

Well then. You learn something new from every hijacked thread.
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by bluekirby7
I'm never gonna crack jokes while watching movies, eating and trying to browse the pit. My bad

I feel like if I tried to do all that at once I'd make shitty abbreviated posts, miss the plot of the movie, and poke my eye out with a fork.

For the record I wouldn't have said anything if someone else didn't bring it up
I played lead guitar in a high school band and we played fuckin' hair metal. I didn't get any girls.

But, like you, I only played because I liked it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by killboypowerhed

That's a B11 actually. It's a B7 (B D# F# A) extended with an 11 (same note as a 4 (E), but with chord extensions you say 9 instead of 2, 13 instead of 6, 11 instead of 4, I think that's because you add them on top of your regular chord).
Quote by TextOnTheScreen

Power chords are always 5 because they consist of the root and the perfect 5th note (and their octaves if you're feeling fancy). Octaves have nothing to do with chord notation unless the root isn't the bass note.
Last edited by frankv at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by frankv
That's a B11 actually. It's a B7 (B D# F# A) extended with an 11 (same note as a 4 (E), but with chord extensions you say 9 instead of 2, 13 instead of 6, 11 instead of 4, I think that's because you add them on top of your regular chord).

Power chords are always 5 because they consist of the root and the perfect 5th note (and their octaves if you're feeling fancy). Octaves have nothing to do with chord notation unless the root isn't the bass note.

I was so confused about that chord because they used enharmonic notes and my teacher would have set us on fire for using those.

So yes, that would be an 11 chord with an added seventh, if you put the E natural an octave above.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Weaponized

I didn't know your mother was into Skillet.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by BladeSlinger
I was so confused about that chord because they used enharmonic notes and my teacher would have set us on fire for using those.

So yes, that would be an 11 chord with an added seventh, if you put the E natural an octave above.

No, it's a 7th chord with an added 11th.

I don't think there's anything enharmonic about it either. The B11 fits in the key of E major.

E F# G# A B C# D#

These are the notes to the key of E. The bolded ones make up the chord.
Quote by frankv
No, it's a 7th chord with an added 11th.

I don't think there's anything enharmonic about it either. The B11 fits in the key of E major.

E F# G# A B C# D#

These are the notes to the key of E. The bolded ones make up the chord.

A B chord would be B D# F#

Not B Eb Gb.

That would be a B with a flat 4th and a flat 6th. Enharmonic notes sound the same, but they are not the same notes.

And yes, a 7th with an added 11th. I suck at chords.

Eb and D# are not the same thing and there's definitely not an Eb in a B Major chord.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by killboypowerhed

Firstly, it would be B D# E F# and A.

And B7add11.

EDIT: But B4 is a note, so I guess it was still a pun.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by Venice King
Firstly, it would be B D# E F# and A.

And B7add11.

EDIT: But B4 is a note, so I guess it was still a pun.

Aaaaaassssssdddddfffff omitting the 9th out of an 11th-chord does not an add-chord make.

Sorry, any theory-related discussion in the pit makes me rage for some reason.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

Bands? Too much effort, bro

And every other song they've ever done...
Quote by descara
Aaaaaassssssdddddfffff omitting the 9th out of an 11th-chord does not an add-chord make.

How would you write that. An 11th without the 9th. My Harmony class has been drilling harmonic analysis but we haven't really gone over that stuff a whole lot. She showed us enough so we could do some stuff but then moved on.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Trowzaa
I didn't know your mother was into Skillet.

Boo-urns!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Edit:^Collin! Read yo pm's foo'!
Quote by descara

I think you can omit the 9th, just like you can omit the 5th.
Last edited by frankv at Nov 1, 2011,
Once they realize you are hopelessly hooked on buying gear they'll dump you after the 18th tag along visit to Guitar Center
If you can play well, you might score some chicks but EVERYBODY knows it's the singer that dem betches are fancy for.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2