Hey so I was asked to give guitar lessons at my school to get social hours. Now I have been playing myself for about 3 years, but never went into much theory. I learned some scales, know the major, minor and 7th chords but I would want to expand my knowledge, so that I myself know more about the guitar but also so that I can teach more about playing the guitar. So besides teaching the basic chords, the notes and scales, what are some things you would suggest me to teach. Like some certain scales or other techniques...
I suggest that you learn something about theory before you make yourself out to be an idiot.
Quote by JustRooster
I suggest that you learn something about theory before you make yourself out to be an idiot.

yeah that is what i am trying to do, so which points would you suggest are the most important or best to know ?
Firstly think about if you really want to do this, because if a person from the class actually knows music theory more than you he can not only irritate the shit out of you, but if you **** up he'll embarrass you. So, I suggest you make a list of everything you are going to teach, I presume basic stuff, and learn those, but adequately, so you can really teach them. Being a teacher isn't for everyone, remember that. Good luck!
Quote by Tangerineseeker
yeah that is what i am trying to do, so which points would you suggest are the most important or best to know ?

Scales, Mode, chords, and intervals.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by risk182
Firstly think about if you really want to do this, because if a person from the class actually knows music theory more than you he can not only irritate the shit out of you, but if you **** up he'll embarrass you. So, I suggest you make a list of everything you are going to teach, I presume basic stuff, and learn those, but adequately, so you can really teach them. Being a teacher isn't for everyone, remember that. Good luck!

well I will only teach one person actualy, but yeah thanks for the advice
Quote by strat0blaster
Scales, Mode, chords, and intervals.

I have learned the major scales already, which other scales are important or useful to learn?
Write shit down and organise your lessons.
Steal from other teachers
????
NON-PROFIT.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I'd advise you to learn theory. But right now, you could just teach technique and songs.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.