my friend's brother is getting a jackson soon. and i'm going to buy his kramer. but should i put the kramer pickups into my squier? pretty much will the pickups on the kramer (which has a floyd) line up with the squier's strings?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
If it has a tremilo it will work.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Depending on the Kramer you could be getting a guitar 100 times better than the Squire. Why part out the Kramer to put it's parts on a cheapo guitar?
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Depends on the Kramer. If its an 80's Kramer, it might have come with Schaller pickups, which are suprisingly good.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
no i'm gonna upgrade the kramer anyway, so..
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

About Kramer:
I've noticed it's hit or miss, unless you know the model for sure, you might be getting garbage.
I had a decent one, but made of plywood, and apparently there was no other model like it with limited info.
Then, I got another one, thinking it was a Baretta.
Turns out it was a VERY low end one made of plywood, ironically it was made in Korea but had the same junk quality as Chinese made guitars today.
Cusp of Magic
I think the Strikers were the ones with plywood bodies.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
no idea what it is, has a thin banana headstock like a focus and a licensed floys, 2 humbuckers, master volume+tone, red finish

like this Smilies[ More] Increase Size Decrease Size Post Icons You may choose an icon for your message from
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Nov 1, 2011,
i'll fix it tomorrow
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by IronMaiden76

Yah plywood guitar and cheap electronics. Necks were surprisingly nice to play though.

"Pretty much all Kramers except the 90's era guitars are great."

Pretty much a broad false statement.

A lot of junk was made in the 80's and there were some VERY nice MIA Kramer's that came out of the Gibson factory during the 90's.

You just got to know the models and be able to identify them.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
would it make a decent backup guitar to my squier?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Personally I would keep the stock pups on the squire over the old Korean stuff from Kramer. Then I would upgrade the Kramer electronics with some decent humbuckers. Then you would have 2 guitars that could get a variety of different sounds.

Just MHO

Good luck with your decision.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
i have a dimarzio in the neck and a duncan in the bridge (virtual vintage heavy blues 2 and hot rails, if it matters) but they don't balance very well
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by IronMaiden76
i have a dimarzio in the neck and a duncan in the bridge (virtual vintage heavy blues 2 and hot rails, if it matters) but they don't balance very well

well dude if you are doing the work yourself like I do then you have the joy of mixing and experimenting.

Have fun with your project and mix and match to see what you like.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Got low- end Kramer (imperial) myself.
Made in korea, great neck, decent woods, ok electronics.

Mine has 2 quad-rail pups, nothing to write home about but not terrible either. Gets the job done. Maybe that future kramer of yours has coil-split function aswell, nice feature indeed.
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
There's nothing wrong with strikers. People talk bad about them because they were the lower end Kramers but they are still a very good guitar for what They are. They are alot better then any kramer that has been made since the cumpony was sold. I would chose a striker over a squire anyday, actully I do everyday because I own both. If you are changing the pickups yourself I would say change them around and see what you like and try diffrent pickups in diffrent guitars.
k thank you
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699