So I was thinking in upgrading my amp, i have a roland cube 15x but i want a better amp to practice at home/do some gigs with my friends.

Found out on a local shop a used Marshall Valvestate 80v 8080 (made in England) for 130€.

Any of you experts think its worth it? It's mostly to play at home and to play with some friends, and I have seen positive reviews of it here.

My playstyle goes from blues to heavy metal, and I haven't found any other good 2nd hand deal around here.

thank you in advance o/
It's worth it to me, great "hybrid" amp with delicious gain. If you want crunch and overdrive buy it, cleans are ok. Experience: I had the 8240. But if you can get a nice used valve amp for the same or maybe a little extra money (Laney VC30 for example) you will do better. Since I bought my first valve amp (Laney LC15R, awesome blues) I can't go back .

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
yeah I was thinking in that too, tho im just looking around for good deals, since I dont have much money to spend.

tks
Well I do like that Marshall a lot, can you try it before buying it though? If I like that amp it doesn't mean you will like it too.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Quote by Perverockstar69
Well I do like that Marshall a lot, can you try it before buying it though? If I like that amp it doesn't mean you will like it too.

There might be a chance to try it out, dont know.
Altough I have been checking some vids on youtube etc, and sounds really cool to me and seems to have nice features

Forgot to mention that it it has no hardware problems and brings the footswitch too.
See if you can try it then , I guess it's a nice price.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
the old valvestates aren't the worst things out there but really aren't all that good. it won't really be much of an upgrade for you honestly. it has one tube in the gain part of the preamp and really doesn't have much of a tube sound to it. i have the VS30R for taking on vacation or other times where i just need a practice amp that i don't care about it serves it's purpose but i wouldn't use it as my main amp.
Well, I think it's still better than my roland 15x, I'm not planning on going to play in a large audience soon.
And I was mostly considering this one because of the price since it's seems to be still a good amp for what I want.

ty for the replies btw
I have a Valvestate VS100R. I can get great Marshall tones out of it. The dirt isn't as 'tuby' as the real thing but still sounds good. If it's a good price and in good shape I'd go for it.

To be honest I no longer use the amps gain. But it's not because i didn't like it. My amp has a really noisy effects loop. Unusable. But it's been that way for years. I have all my dirt on the floor and use the two channels for different eq setting.
I'm an expert on all of them. Even the ones I made up.

Dirt and fertilizer. TS9DX. Fulltone 70's, Vox Brit boost, Mesa V-twin and a DLS. Everything grows better with lots of dirt.