hey guys!

I recently got to know that one of friends of my friend!! has a very old and rare tube amp that has barely been played

Dynacord Eminent I 1956!!!!! Made in Germany!!!

he says it has been played a few times.

he said to me they had a music store in Tehran and after the 1979 revolution all the music stores were being destroyed so they took all they precious stuff to his grandpa's house!

and now he wants to sell it!

the question I have is that can this amp do any good for me?

I'm a metal guitarist ( Death/Black)

can this amp satisfy me???
I seriously doubt that its going to play metal at all. You'll just end up using a tonne of pedals and getting a really loud, but not great tone. Looks badass though.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
This amp won't do it for you at all.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
no that amp won't get your sound without pedals.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Eminents are old all-round amps if I recall correctly. They were used for pretty much everything from basses to organs, guitars and singing.
German amps from that era often use tubes that aren't in production anymore and it can therefore be difficult to find spares.

With a good cab and distortion pedal, you could use it for metal. People who buy these nowadays use them for guitar exclusively, since they are outperformed in any other field by modern PA/keyboard-amps.
While this can sound good for certain applications, note that these are not dedicated guitar amps, much less are they dedicated high-gain amps. They work better for '60s beat music and stuff like that.

Try it in combination with your other equipment and see if you like it, there's a chance you just migh, slim as that chance may be - the amp was never meant to do what you want to use it for.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 1, 2011,
I seriously doubt that its going to play metal at all. You'll just end up using a tonne of pedals and getting a really loud, but not great tone. Looks badass though.

yeah it's badass! I guess I can sell it to a musem or something like that :lol:

so even if I use a preamp for getting the distortion I won't be able to get a genuine crystal clear metal sound?

This amp won't do it for you at all.

tnx for the advice!!!

I think I have to save way more money to buy a good marshall!

The Eminents are old all-round amps if I recall correctly. They were used for pretty much everything from basses to organs, guitars and singing.
German amps from that era often use tubes that aren't in production anymore and it can therefore be difficult to find spares.

With a good cab and distortion pedal, you could use it for metal. People who buy these nowadays use them for guitar exclusively, since they are outperformed in any other field by modern PA/keyboard-amps.
While this can sound good for certain applications, note that these are not dedicated guitar amps, much less are they dedicated high-gain amps.

Try it in combination with your other equipment and see if you like it, there's a chance you might, even though the amp was never meant to do what you want to use it for.

the problem is that I live in south of Iran! so if I wanna make the purchase or try the amp I should go to Tehran!
Last edited by LORDLUCIFER at Nov 1, 2011,
it's not going to be a metal amp and probably won't be more than 10-15 watts at best. considering that rock was still new at the time it was made you will be lucky if it even has more than a single tone control. may be fun to have but as a serious amp let alone a metal one not likely.

i thought that folks in Iran had limited or no access to the internet and metal wasn't allowed?
Last edited by monwobobbo at Nov 1, 2011,
Quote by monwobobbo
it's not going to be a metal amp and probably won't be more than 10-15 watts at best. considering that rock was still new at the time it was made you will be lucky if it even has more than a single tone control. may be fun to have but as a serious amp let alone a metal one not likely.

i thought that folks in Iran had limited or no access to the internet and metal wasn't allowed?

the amp is 65 watts. but yeah you're right we did not have metal at the time! so I can't expect anything serious!

here are two pictures of this amp:

i thought that folks in Iran had limited or no access to the internet and metal wasn't allowed

we ARE limited but who gives a damn?

they can't stop the rebellion.

though they break our guitars and instruments...though they imprison us for having an underground show!...

but that doesn't mean anything...

we shall not surrender....
um... ok i guess the impression i got was the amp was from 1956 bsed on your first post. obviously that is far newer. it looks more like a stereo amp to me though. might be worth a try but you would need pedals for sure.

cool to hear from an iranian guitar player though. good luck with your music.
Quote by TheQuailman

While this can sound good for certain applications, note that these are not dedicated guitar amps, much less are they dedicated high-gain amps. They work better for '60s beat music and stuff like that.

Try it in combination with your other equipment and see if you like it, there's a chance you just migh, slim as that chance may be - the amp was never meant to do what you want to use it for.

Holy shit you changed your avatar.

To stay on topic.. As everyone else has said, no. That amp will not do what you want it to do on it's own.
Like everyone's said... probably not worth the hassle. Now I don't know how difficult it is to find/afford good gear in Iran, but from what I understand, trade-relations have been pretty much in the shitter in recent years, so.... good luck, I guess.

Quote by TheAbsentOne
Holy shit you changed your avatar.

It's not going to do metal without a serious distortion pedal, but I bet it has a lovely clean sound.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
We're not gonna take it.
No, we ain't gonna take it
We're not gonna take it, anymore

We are the youth gone wild :lol:

cool to hear from an iranian guitar player though. good luck with your music.

thanks dude

Like everyone's said... probably not worth the hassle. Now I don't know how difficult it is to find/afford good gear in Iran, but from what I understand, trade-relations have been pretty much in the shitter in recent years, so.... good luck, I guess.

yeah gears and guitars are really expensive! for instance an amp that costs 1000$ is sold here for 1800! or even more!!

It's not going to do metal without a serious distortion pedal, but I bet it has a lovely clean sound.

yeah! I'm pretty sure it kicks some ass in cleans! but it's not designed for metal definitely!