Well, I just bought my first acoustic guitar the other day. I've learned how to tune it, but when trying to play chords for the Eagles - Take it easy, it doesn't sound quite right.

I have it tuned in E... Is there a certain note it should be tuned in for this song?

did you tune it by yourself or by a tuner? If you did it by yourself you most likely tuned it wrong.
What make and model? Some of the really cheap guitars can be really hard to play and the makers should be shot.
The song IS in standard tuning, so you have tuned it correctly. Make sure all your other strings are tuned to the low E. If not, maybe your guitar isn't in working condition.
Quote by D-Con
Well, I just bought my first acoustic guitar the other day. I've learned how to tune it, but when trying to play chords for the Eagles - Take it easy, it doesn't sound quite right.

I have it tuned in E... Is there a certain note it should be tuned in for this song?

First, you need to tune your guitar with an electronic tuner.

Second, are you trying to play along with a recording of, "Take it Easy"?

If so, this song is recorded a few cents off pitch. I can play along with a guitar tuned to E standard, to a whole mix CD of different artists. But, when I hit, "Take it Easy", it's slightly off.

The same is true of Badfinger's, "Baby Blue". This song is recorded about 50 cents off pitch. Some artists do this on purpose, to make a song stand out on an album. And yeah, it's a nuisance!

If you're playing by yourself and it doesn't sound quite right, you might try flatting the B string ever so very slightly. This because a high action will cause it to raise above true pitch when you fret it. The effect seems to be worst on this string. My guitar teacher called it, "temper tuning". Make sure C Major open sounds correctly. It seems to be a bit more temperamental than getting the other open chords to ring true
There are some good online tuners if you havent got an electronic one. Cheers