Hey guys if u have any experience with ether of this two amps i want to hear it. And if you played both i really want to hear it. I've been searching for a long time for the amp i want and its come down to this two. Now just for your knowledge i play stuff ranging from a little blues like Hendrix and Stevie Ray, alot of Classic/Hard Rock like ACDC GNR Zeppelin, and Old School Metal and Hair Metal like Metallica Ozzy Dio Megadeth Van Halen Maiden. Thank you very much.
Carvin v3 I played it and was very suprised. It had nice rock and metal tone as well as some good fuzz tone the draw back was that with active pick ups the clean sounds get a little distorted as though its pushing the amp too much. It worked well with the passives that i had.
Last edited by Briyan_15 at Nov 1, 2011,
I used active pickups with mine and had no problem with clean tones. Make sure its not on the soak and you shouldn't have a problem. And the V3 will do all those tones nicely with some tweaking.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
No problem, I typed out a long response last night but I guess it didn't post for some reason. If you have any questions or whatever, feel free to message me.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
No i got it. It was the same thread only i reposted it cause u were the only one who wrote anything so i wanted to get some other input. Thank you both Now i just gotta save up the funds. There is a pretty good deal for one at Guitar Center now for $550 and they rated it 4 out of 5 stars so ill have to go and check it out :P