hey guys,

my pen leaked few mins ago and some of it leaked on my fingers,

and somehow i've got a tiny blob of it on my guitar

I'm really sad is there anyway i could get rid of ink stain on my precious guitar?

thanks

EDIT: its a small blob on the body near the sctrach plate area
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Nov 1, 2011,
That's not an ink stain, that's character.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
What is your guitar finished with? If it's just a poly finish, it should come right out with some guitar polish and a cloth.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Depends on if your guitar is finished.
It should just come out from a bit of elbow grease and water on a cloth.. although I'm sure you've probably tried that.

Ink's meant to bind with fibres.. so on plain wood It'll be tough to get out. I have no idea on that then.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
Nail polish remover?

If the guitar has a laquered finish wont it all end up a bit Mr Bean with Whistlers Mother?

Anyway, i would be inclined to just leave it. Your guitar is likely to pick up many battle scars over the years and if a little ink blob is the worst thing that happens to it then count yourself lucky
What kind of ink is it? Is it of the type that can be erased with one of those white eraser pen things?
Try mild soap, warm water, and a soft cloth to start. Elbow grease should do the rest.

If not, try naptha (lighter fluid). Its harmless to most finishes.

Clean and polish afterward.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77