Hello all I'm trying to find a cheap funky guitar. Now you maybe like whats a funky guitar look like. Well I think its something unusual or an uncommon body, like the Fender Pawnshop 72 or an Ibenez Jet-king. So basically I want a funky weird guitar do you guys know of any ?
Tregan Guitars, BC Rich
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Languedoc guitars are pretty groovy

EDIT: Then again, they're like $10,000 and custom built so...
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at Nov 1, 2011,
Buy a squier drill holes with different bits into it and cut stuff up. That should be interesting. B.C. Rich makes weird shapes stock though.
Jagstang
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Yes the Jagstang is a pretty funky guitar. I really like the looks of some of the Eastwood guitars now if I could just find a seller so I can try one out.
Quote by shredibanez24
Languedoc guitars are pretty groovy

EDIT: Then again, they're like $10,000 and custom built so...

plus 1 billion

If i only had 10,000 dollars
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Get a Teisco. Coolest piece of semi-shit you'll ever buy.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Eastwood, Italia, DiPinto, certain Schecters, offset Fenders, G&L SC-2. The problem is that a lot of them aren't really cheap.
Quote by will42
plus 1 billion

If i only had 10,000 dollars

tell me about it haha.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
So you don't actually mean a guitar for playing funk?

Because you should be after a Strat for that.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Eastwood, Italia, DiPinto

Second on all of these. I love the Italia and DiPinto guitars, very funky and cool. I did talk to a guy that had an Eastwood Airline knockoff that said the knobs across the top got in the way a lot when he played on stage.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
October guitars.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I was in Austin TX the other day and saw a JagStang for about $800 - $900 at Austin Vintage Guitars.

Made me wish I bought the one I saw in Wash DC about 5 years ago for $450, even though this one was in much better shape. Oh, well, very happy with my Mustang re-issue.

Anyway I would have mentioned Eastwood, but all the ones I've seen have been relatively expensive; so a bunch of those at another store down the street and the Hutto copy was over $1200. I played one last year somewhere else on the same day as playing a vintage original, and the 2 are nothing alike. The fiberglass original was cool as shit, but felt very fragile. The Eastwood has a pup selector that looks like it was cannibalised from a Stratocaster, whereas the original Airline was very different, and more fragile. The original was about $400 more, even though it really needed new frets. Also, the solid wood body on the copy just doesn't do it justice. I could see the knobs getting in the way - even the switches on my Mustang get in the way when palm muting. I knocked them both to the middle position on stage in the middle of a White Stripes cover one time, which made for some chaotic trouble shooting and the most frantic minute of my life