Finally started messing around with this little Vox Tonelab with the usb recording interface so... here it is! My first original recording. Let me know what you think. I know its very generic blues but let me know how the recording quality is and such. Thanks!

http://soundcloud.com/the_venice_king/who-knows
Signatures are too mainstream
diverdown04,
The intro guitar tone sounded slightly crackly to me (fine other than the crackles). In this recording, I preferred the cleaner lead tone more. Pretty good for a first recording/pretty nice playing. Now we need to talk you into getting some drums happening. Sounds pretty good for just a couple of guitar tracks. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490985
Quote by aaron aardvark
diverdown04,
The intro guitar tone sounded slightly crackly to me (fine other than the crackles). In this recording, I preferred the cleaner lead tone more. Pretty good for a first recording/pretty nice playing. Now we need to talk you into getting some drums happening. Sounds pretty good for just a couple of guitar tracks. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1490985

Yeah i can't quite seem to be able to get rid of some of that distortion. I think it's just the tonelab. Anyways I really enjoyed your stuff. Just a bit too synth-heavy for me but thats just me. Thanks!
I don't really have anything for you to critique but I just gotta say that I enjoyed this immensely. The lead tone was spot on for my tastes. How did you go about constructing this track? This is the kind of stuff I want to make but I can never seem to get it down right.

Anyways killer track and I agree with the guy above. This needs drums and bass
Quote by HaistaPaska92
I don't really have anything for you to critique but I just gotta say that I enjoyed this immensely. The lead tone was spot on for my tastes. How did you go about constructing this track? This is the kind of stuff I want to make but I can never seem to get it down right.

Anyways killer track and I agree with the guy above. This needs drums and bass

Yeah drums at least would be nice. I'm glad you liked it. Been thinking about finding a serious band but never really committed to it. As to how I made it, I just draw from what I know. It's a pretty standard chord progression with a few little blues licks on top. Obviously put the little SRV lick at the end for some flair The chords were on a clean channel with a bit of overdrive and the lead was just another clean channel with quite a bit of reverb and delay. Most of that tone is all strat though. Glad you liked it!
And @Aaron_aardvark I've tried all the stuff the Line 6 website mention because the Tonelab is very similar to their Floor PODs. In all honestly I just think I need better recording software.
I really couldn't hear the crackling. Not sure if it's just my computer speakers or old ears. You had some nice licks in there and I thought it sounded good. Liked the SRV ending. Add some drums and it will all come together. But even without the drums it was fine.

I noticed you C4C'd aaron in this thread. I think that C4Cs are supposed to be in the actual thread. Mine are in the link below.
Quote by fly135
I really couldn't hear the crackling. Not sure if it's just my computer speakers or old ears. You had some nice licks in there and I thought it sounded good. Liked the SRV ending. Add some drums and it will all come together. But even without the drums it was fine.

I noticed you C4C'd aaron in this thread. I think that C4Cs are supposed to be in the actual thread. Mine are in the link below.

Ah well I C4C'd back in your thread for Dark Wave. Really liked it. Just listening to some of your other stuff I felt like I was listening to some Neil Young for a second.
Quote by fly135
Thanks diver. You should work on posting more. You seem to have the chops.

I appreciate it and I probably will start posting some new stuff. Anyone recommend a good software for the drum tracks?
Quote by DanielShaw123
It's great, lot's of very tasty and unique sounding licks in there. All I would say is work on your timing a bit. Other than that, fantastic.

Appreciate it man. I was playing this purely from ear. No metronome or drums (obviously). In hindsight I probably should've used a click track or something like that. Thanks for the feeback!