Hey guys, last Friday before my lesson I noticed my cables had to be fought with to get into my guitar, so I unscrewed the jack and bent the little plate outwards a bit so that the cables could slide in easier.

Later, the guitar worked fine in the lesson. Even later when I was jamming, it didn't produce sound through the amp unless the master was waaaaay high, and it never once worked on a distorted channel.

Ideas? It's an Ibanez Gio. I'm guessing I need to bend the plate back some though. <_<

EDIT: Oops. Meant to post this in GG&A but I guess since it's electronics related it applies here too?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Nov 1, 2011,
i had something similar happen once with a peavey tomb, apparently it just needed the battery in the guitar changed. i dont know if your guitar has a battery but that might be worth a shot.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
It doesn't have a battery, no. At least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I've never actually looked in the back panel where the electronics are since I've needed to . The pickups are most certainly passive though.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Nah, it's not the cables. I've tested it with different cables. I'm gonna try and bend the plate back when I get home again.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie