Well I've been on here advertising Helvete before (my band, which is now no longer governed just by me, I play live shows too, although next album will be done all by me), that being said I realized that in my city my dark ambient and first album is getting more credit from the underground then my black metal album, next to it which in my opinion has become something a bit over rated considering the good feedback from the live shows.

So here's a really noise/experimental sound of a track that I did back in the Gemini album titled "Abyss" I did it using a microphone and only a microphone on heavy distortion and right in front of the speakers, all sounds done by fast tapping of the mic and different sounds using my voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbUgpzIjr8s
no offense but it osunds like noise...i guess thats the point

but i coulndt listen to the whole thing

i oculd see it useful in shorter peices on an album but i personally oculndt listen to a whole album of it
a whole album of this stuff seems lazy....its kinda like how everybody who has a camera with effects on it thinks theyre a great photographer...but some drone can be cool
the only I say its lazy is cos my friend does it and he just makes so many songs cos you just get a sound and mess with it, but it takes no dedication or soul.
Last edited by troyofyort at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by troyofyort
a whole album of this stuff seems lazy....its kinda like how everybody who has a camera with effects on it thinks theyre a great photographer...but some drone can be cool
the only I say its lazy is cos my friend does it and he just makes so many songs cos you just get a sound and mess with it, but it takes no dedication or soul.

Well you see the difference between me and your friend is that this one song is the only noise song on this album, this album in particular has many different songs on it, every of MY songs are open to different interpretations and is quite frankly just art!

The Gemini album deals with Perfection vs imperfection.
Quote by supersac
no offense but it osunds like noise...i guess thats the point

but i coulndt listen to the whole thing

i oculd see it useful in shorter peices on an album but i personally oculndt listen to a whole album of it

I'd agree with this. But on the whole, it's something different so props for that!

Would you mind repaying the favour and giving us a listen and a like on Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/HoiPolloi.Band

Cheers. We appreciate it
Quote by Grishjarta
Well you see the difference between me and your friend is that this one song is the only noise song on this album, this album in particular has many different songs on it, every of MY songs are open to different interpretations and is quite frankly just art!

The Gemini album deals with Perfection vs imperfection.

Yeah Its all cool, but like I said some of it is lazy or half hearted, I would actually like to hear your song haha.
It just kinda bugs me when people just make a buncha noise without really trying and calling it music. Its the same as somebody taking a bucket of paint and spilling it on a canvas, then calling it art.