Guess I'm not gonna get much sleep tonight so here's something I'm curious to hear other opinions about.

I find that how most people are with their favorite artists, they usually don't like their most popular tracks. It's usually something like "Well, 'Just Like Heaven' by The Cure is a great song, but my favorite tracks are derp de derp..."

So who are some artists that you think the public really chose well on their best music? In other words, you think their best material is on their compilation albums like "Greatest Hits of ____"

I think that with soul and R & B music, the most popular songs are usually the best. I don't think I'll ever like an Al Green song as much as "Let's Stay Together." I also LOVE this track by Midnight Star, which is only one of like, two hits they had.

I'm probably gonna get shit for saying this, but when I listened to Led Zeppelin, I found most of the songs that weren't on the Early Days and Latter Days compilation to be pretty boring. I always hated the 25-minute live versions of Dazed And Confused which were basically a medley of not as popular tracks.
Blink 182
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Blink. no doubt.
your whisper may sway the weak, but when i speak it roars the seas
10 Years. The band doesn't have a Greatest Hits album, but none of their albums have any filler on them, and the singles are great representations of the band.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Weaponized
Bob Dylan.
With the big exception being the song "4th Time Around" (God I love that track) I agree with this.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Queen's greatest hits very well illustrate their best I think.

Agreed. I would say some artists that lack a catalog of the depth of someone like Zeppelin would fit your criteria. ELO, Bad Co (though Deal with the Preacher is great and not usually on a greatest hits), and I think a lot of new wave bands.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Selkies: The Endless Obsession is a great track to be BTBAM's most well-known song.
Check out my band Disturbed
Roy Orbison?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Weaponized
Bob Dylan.

Very true. If for no other reason than the man has such a huge catalog of music.