I have 4 months off of university this year and I plan on spending this time getting better at guitar and perfecting techniques.
I've been playing guitar for 4 years now, but it has been on and off and never very consistent.
So I need some techniques/exercises to help me perfect my playing.
Thanks in advance!
spiders, ladders, trills, chromatic excercises, alternate string skipping, if you like it: sweeping.
the list could go on, but 4 months is not that much :P
Scale runs. You know, running from mode to mode up and down the neck. Make sure to include hammer ons, pulls, bends, string slipping etc
string skipping could suck up a big chunk of time to master so there u go.
in other thoughts,

spider chords

THEORY
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by The jazz Man
Scale runs. You know, running from mode to mode up and down the neck. Make sure to include hammer ons, pulls, bends, string slipping etc

Don't worry about modes.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by submergedpiano
I have 4 months off of university this year and I plan on spending this time getting better at guitar and perfecting techniques.
I've been playing guitar for 4 years now, but it has been on and off and never very consistent.
So I need some techniques/exercises to help me perfect my playing.
Thanks in advance!

What kind of music do you want to play/make?

I would probably focus on simple things that when they are really mastered make everything sound tight.
Muting unwanted strings being the main one, clean hammer ons and pull offs - being able to play them evenly or as a slur. Then brush up on chords and stuff.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
Can't get enough atonal string skipping backwards fully tapped 250 bpm arpeggio.
It's spelled wiener.