I have been posting on here for a bit asking questions about getting a reverb pedal, which I really need. A number of posters suggested the Line 6 Verbzilla. So, I went to my local guitar store and asked about it. They didn't have any, but the man said some pretty bad things about it.

He suggested, and my memory is a little fuzzy on the specific details here, that is was some kind of a Module Pedal? Said something about I'd need to buy another expensive piece for it if I wanted to plug more than one pedal up to it? He also suggested they are easy to damage.

Any thoughts on this? I have a few other pedals I am interested in and don't want to get the wrong one.
Lies. You can buy it all as one piece. While he is right about it being a module, don't get hung up on that. It's a wonderful pedal. I love mine.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah I've always been a fan of Line 6.

LaidBack seems to have answered all your questions, but I would just add that you can get a Verbzilla for about $150, and for about $270 you could get a POD HD300, which will have everything in the verbzilla and more, plus everything in every other line 6 pedal, plus a looper and amp models. Like, if just scraping together the $150 is an effort, fair enough we've all been there, buth otherwise it might be really worth your while looking at one of the multis.
Quote by Kozworth
He suggested, and my memory is a little fuzzy on the specific details here, that is was some kind of a Module Pedal?

works off of a digital chip that does guitar effects. the chip is inbedded in a module (that has knobs and switches on it) then the module is in a pedal chassis (with the jacks and power, etc).

when you buy the verbzilla, it looks like a normal pedal though, most people don't even know they are modular.

Quote by Kozworth
Said something about I'd need to buy another expensive piece for it if I wanted to plug more than one pedal up to it?

it works like other pedals, there is no credence to this. the whole pedal costs 100 usd to 150 usd (dependent upon module included) and you can get other modules for pedal for 20 or 30 bucks.

Quote by Kozworth
He also suggested they are easy to damage.

BS, i purchased their developement kit for these pedals, they are NOT cheaply constucted. i was actually very impressed with the construction (felt heftier than a boss pedal).

Quote by Kozworth
Any thoughts on this? I have a few other pedals I am interested in and don't want to get the wrong one.

i don't like line 6, but this verbzilla pedal should do what you want (i try not to let my Line 6 bias get in the way of my advice though). i personally use a neunabar Wet reverb pedal for myself (cuz i am super simple and 2 knobs appeals to me, it also sounds good). i also used TC electronic reverb units and they are also very nice.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Kozworth
I have been posting on here for a bit asking questions about getting a reverb pedal, which I really need. A number of posters suggested the Line 6 Verbzilla. So, I went to my local guitar store and asked about it. They didn't have any, but the man said some pretty bad things about it.

He suggested, and my memory is a little fuzzy on the specific details here, that is was some kind of a Module Pedal? Said something about I'd need to buy another expensive piece for it if I wanted to plug more than one pedal up to it? He also suggested they are easy to damage.

The Octo mode rules...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
For another $50 you can get the Line 6 stompbox modeler that does two pedals at once. So if you also need a good delay or chorus in the loop with the reverb, you could get the modeler and save some money.
Interesting, thanks for the info. So what does it mean for a pedal to be a "moduel pedal?" Also, can other pedals be plugged into it as well?
The Verbzilla is part of their Tonecore line, which basically means you can take the part of the pedal containing all the knobs and swap it out for one of the other Tonecore modules, assuming you have any of them. On paper, it seems pretty convenient as you only really pay full price for one pedal and then it's a smaller amount for the modules. As far as plugging other pedals into it, it works just like any other pedal so you can stick it in your signal path (or FX loop, if you have one) just fine. I highly recommend it.

This page describes what I'm saying much better.

In fact, if you can find the "pedal" part and the Verbzilla module separately, you might save yourself a nice bit of money over buying the pedal outright.
Last edited by Helicopters! at Nov 2, 2011,