You mean something that doesn't need a big hole through the guitar?
A floyd should fit I reckon, have you seen the Vanhalen kramers? Pretty much a strat with a floyd but with no recess they only go down the way.
Hmm, I have a friend who built himself a guitar, spent about £50 on the licenced floyd. He's had no problems, but in the lower price range it's basically a lotterly as to how good your trem is really. You know you're paying for a quality item if you get a Gotoh or Schaller or whatever, whereas if you're buying something a lot less expensive then while you might be perfectly fine, you might have just bought a useless piece of scrap metal.
As you can't afford the real-deal (and I totally understand the 'not enough monies' situation) you might be a bit stuck
Quote by Vendetta V
hwo about a super-vee bladerunner tremolo? will fit jsut fine and is quite floating :P

I can't find these for sale in the UK. Any links?

Quote by Way Cool JR.
As long as the knife edges lineup to the posts you can use any Floyd Rose or licensed variant. When you have a recessed Floyd that is when you realy have to worry if they will fit or not. I would suggest buying a Floyd Rose Special if your on a budget, and if the post holes are spaced right for it.

The Floyd Rose Special looks quite affordable, but again, I can't find any for sale in the UK that aren't on eBay.
Quote by Vendetta V
cant you just order it from their website?

Not to the UK for reasonable shipping. I'd rather buy it from somewhere that's actually in Britain.