Hey all, I am a bass player by trade but my mom just sent me these pictures of a guitar she bought at an antique store for $1xx

All I know is that is says Hy-lo on the headstock. It will be mine come Christmas time and I figure it could make some ok wall art if anything.

Any ideas/leads would be greatly appreciated
Attachments:
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_2_2.jpg
Yeah, I figured it was a Japanese or Korean mfr. I just was wondering if anybody had an idea of what it was beyond what Google could tell me.

I like the look of it if anything.
Not really sure, it looks like it could be an old baritone possibly, but not definite. If the pickups and wiring work, it could be worth something. When you get it, look at the numbers on the pots, that should help you date it. If there are 3 digits it is definitely vintage, if there are 4, then it's probably still worth looking into.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Looks like crap. With guitars, just like anything else, it's important to remember that old ≠ good. A usual indicator that an old guitar is bad is if it has a bolt on neck.

All that said, if you like the guitar, if you like the way it feels, then jump on it. At the end of the day, if it feels good in your hands, then it is good.

Just don't expect to make any sort of profit on it or anything. I wouldn't pay over $50 for it personally.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Early to Mid 1960's made in japan Teisco guitar. There was a lot of stuff coming out of japan at that time. If the neck is straight and the pickups sound good (they are very hollow and twangy... perfect for surf or garage) then you have a good guitar. they usually go for $200+ on ebay depending on condition
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Offworld92
Looks like crap. With guitars, just like anything else, it's important to remember that old ≠ good. A usual indicator that an old guitar is bad is if it has a bolt on neck.

All that said, if you like the guitar, if you like the way it feels, then jump on it. At the end of the day, if it feels good in your hands, then it is good.

Just don't expect to make any sort of profit on it or anything. I wouldn't pay over $50 for it personally.
bolt on necks do not equal a bad guitar. O.o
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
bolt on necks do not equal a bad guitar. O.o

In general? Of course not. That would be a stupid thing to say.

When talking about old (pre 80's) MIJ copy guitars? They aren't gems, that's for sure. Japan basically used to pump out stuff like China is pumping out now, except worse in some cases.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
....dude, how much you want for it? I love old that old '60's knock off guitar shit.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by LZRocker
....dude, how much you want for it? I love old that old '60's knock off guitar shit.

I dunno man, I haven't even seen it myself, my mom bought it in an antique shop for me after I saw the pics. If anything, I want it to hang on my wall. Ill let you know If I decide to sell it.