After much research, I'm torn between whether John Paul Jones used either flatwounds or roundwounds on his jazz bass. His tone from the first two zeppelin albums are awesome, and I'm having trouble getting that sound with the rotosound roundwound. My tone is too bright, especially in the higher register. I'm considering the rotosound flatwounds. What do you guys think?
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
This was asked a few weeks ago, I think the answer was he used flats at first, then switched to rounds soon as they were readily available to purchase. Originally most bass and guitar strings were only flat, in fact a lot og guitar players bought banjo strings to replace their wound G string with an unwound banjo string for more twang
I but rotosound roundwounds on my jazz bass about 2 weeks ago, and I figured I'd just have to break them in. It's been since then and they still sound too bright. I'm using the standard gauge. Would I get closer with flats or rounds?

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Or should I give the strings more time to get worn in? I've been playing at least an hour almost everyday since I've put these new ones on.

Give them sometime unless you're recording a tribute album in the near future. Play with your fingers, set your bass and amps tone, say treble at 12, high mid at 6, low mid at 2, and lows at 11-12. If that's your EQ section but work around. That's what I have my amp set at I play a mustang with flats, and until I just sold it a jazz with flats too.
What Amp are you using?
I have an Acoustic B200H head going into an Acoustic B115 cab.

well JPJ played a jazz, into a acoustic 360 into a 1x18. Can I assume you reallllllly want his tone?

Acoustics have a lot of knobs to twiddle you'll find a good spot.
You're expecting a modern day GC Acoustic amp to sound like an old school one? Not going to happen. Just having the same gear as him will not make you sound like him either.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Im not expecting to. Honestly I had the Acoustic way before the jazz. I liked the amp for a while now. It's a solid amp.

I'm not entirely sure what you want us to say, you have two threads going for advice, and seem passively aggressive about receiving it. You're just going to have to sit down and EQ until it sounds right, if you do swap the strings, don't cut these, just coil them up and save them.
Quote by askrere
I'm not entirely sure what you want us to say, you have two threads going for advice, and seem passively aggressive about receiving it.

It sounds to me that he/she doesn't actually want advice - instead he/she wants to be told whatever he/she already thinks.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!