I just wrote out a full song drum track using guitar pro 6, and want to put it into audacity, so I can then record the guitars over it. I tried exporting the file as a WAV file and putting it onto audacity that way but it didn't work, and as a MIDI file but it didn't work either.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to do this? Or are there any other free software that would allow me to make a drum track?
Some sound cards can record while playing. See if you can do that. When you export the WAV file can you play it with media player? That would be my first question.
Quote by fly135
Some sound cards can record while playing. See if you can do that. When you export the WAV file can you play it with media player? That would be my first question.

yeah its weird, I can play it through windows media player, and import other WAV files into audacity, but not this one for some reason
Download Reaper and use that rather than Audacity. Then get the free version of Drumcore and use that as a VST in Reaper and import the MIDI for your drums.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.