Page 1 of 4
So Rockstar Games have announced their latest work, known as GTA V.
The series continues from IV but leaves liberty City to return to the location of GTA Spin-off 'San Andreas', a mock of Los Angeles.

Despite returning to the city, it looks like new characters and a visual style that resembles the graphics of IV.

No word on platforms or release dates. Ready for Christmas? Who knows.

Check out the trailer:
http://www.rockstargames.com/

What are your thoughts? Glad they went back to SA? Prefered they stayed in LC or made a new location?
Last edited by ButtHurt© at Nov 2, 2011,
Its not REALLY going BACK to a location. Look at GTA 4...it looked nothing like Liberty City from GTA 3. Its got the same name, but looks completely different.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
I just hope it's as big as San Andreas, but with those graphics it would take more than one disc to play the game
DeVillains!
Gaming thread.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I haven't been disappointed by a GTA game yet, so I have no reason to really doubt them.

San Andreas was an awesome world to play around in.

Quote by 365_days_gone
Its not REALLY going BACK to a location. Look at GTA 4...it looked nothing like Liberty City from GTA 3. Its got the same name, but looks completely different.

I dunno, the Los Santos part still looked pretty much like LA in the trailer.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by Ylasto
I just hope it's as big as San Andreas, but with those graphics it would take more than one disc to play the game

On Xbox 360...
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by TB!Guitar
Saints Row> GTA games.

Quote by NothingRocks
I hope it's the full map, from the trailer I could only see Los Santos and the country-side.

I suspect they've missed out San Fransisco and Vegas. I think they realised it made very little sense
I'm not bothered, SA was the best city.
Gaming thread?

I'm a little disappointed with it to be honest. It looks about par for the course - criminal looking to get out and he can't, violence and one-liners ensue. A pretty cookie-cutter entry for GTA, plus a little economic downturn overtones. Rockstar have got enough clout that the don't have to play it safe - they can make the game be about whatever they damn well want: female protagonist, male protagonist, any race, any location, any time period, and yet they're still playing it safe with a typical-for-the-series setup and an established location.

It looks good and I'm excited, but not as excited as I thought I'd be, even though it's just a trailer. Still totally gonna get it.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by NothingRocks
I hope it's the full map, from the trailer I could only see Los Santos and the country-side.

I hope they have all the cities, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they'd hold off on some of the desert.
Quote by guitarninjaruy
Still I think the best game is Vice City

Totally agree. Vice City with modern graphics would be godly.

I've only ever owned San Andreas, and I f*cking loved.

But I own neither a PS3 or an xbox 360, so I see no reason to get worled up over this.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
YES. This is amazing news, SA was and is the best game to come out for 10 years.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by behind_you
Screw location. San Andreas's story was the bomb.

Also, gaming thread.

Black guy from ghetto steals a fighter jet from an aircraft carrier and knows how to fly it straight away Other than that, yeah it was alright.

As I said in the GT, looks hot. Will definitely have to pick it up. Christmas is doubtful. They wouldn't announce it this close.
Quote by Flying Couch
Gaming thread?

I'm a little disappointed with it to be honest. It looks about par for the course - criminal looking to get out and he can't, violence and one-liners ensue. A pretty cookie-cutter entry for GTA, plus a little economic downturn overtones. Rockstar have got enough clout that the don't have to play it safe - they can make the game be about whatever they damn well want: female protagonist, male protagonist, any race, any location, any time period, and yet they're still playing it safe with a typical-for-the-series setup and an established location.

It looks good and I'm excited, but not as excited as I thought I'd be, even though it's just a trailer. Still totally gonna get it.

I dunno. I think they took some gambles with L.A. Noire and Red Dead, even if Red Dead was just Grand Theft Pony, and I don't see anything wrong with just making a game they're positive will be great.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Rockstar are soooo lazy...... Stop redoing old maps!

lol que? The only city they've reused to my knowledge is Liberty City and now San Andreas, and they're being built in a new engine on a new console. Not something you can crank out in just a few hours.
Last edited by cornmancer at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by Trowzaa
Black guy from ghetto steals a fighter jet from an aircraft carrier and knows how to fly it straight away Other than that, yeah it was alright.

He took flying lessons.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Gaming thread,

I am worried that they haven't sucked out all the stupid little things that IV did. But it does look like they've kept a bit of countryside which is nice... Mt Chiliad?
Quote by ButtHurt©
I am worried that they haven't sucked out all the stupid little things that IV did.

LET'S GO BOWLING!
Quote by Trowzaa

Do we really need more remakes? :/ Wasn't VC good enough the first time?
Quote by cornmancer
As I said in the GT, looks hot. Will definitely have to pick it up. Christmas is doubtful. They wouldn't announce it this close.

I dunno man. It looks pretty far along already.
I really hope they have a good deal of countryside. That really made SA great IMO.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']In the worst plane in the game.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by Flying Couch
LET'S GO BOWLING!
Do we really need more remakes? :/ Wasn't VC good enough the first time?

I dunno man. It looks pretty far along already.

Lots of games get announced pretty far along, but Christmas? Nah. Unless you mean Christmas 2012. In which case I'd say definitely. I just took TS's post to mean Christmas 2011. Rockstar has better business sense than to announce the game this close to release. But Christmas 2012 they could have a Skyrim type deal and spend an entire ****ing year hyping it and having people clear schedules for the month it's released.
San Andreas is a state. The city is Los Santos.

I hope they bring back Ammu-nation.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by Trowzaa

vice city's time period is what made it cool, a modern day version wouldn't be as cool.
Quote by Burgery
He took flying lessons.

In a world war 2 fighter which would have completely different controls to a modern day jet

Quote by mighty scoop
vice city's time period is what made it cool, a modern day version wouldn't be as cool.

Modern day graphics, not modern day setting brah.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']In the worst plane in the game.
the p51 was awesome

also did anyone else see the guy posting on b yesterday claiming to be from rockstar?
Quote by Trowzaa

Modern day graphics, not modern day setting brah.

I understood you, I'm just saying I don't think I'd like to play a modern day Vice City as much.
Loved the PS2 San Andreas. Simply because of the setting.
I'll buy or steal this.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Page 1 of 4