The truss rod in my jazz bass has been stripped, so I will probably end up getting a new neck. The guy at my local music store said that the new neck doesn't have the fender logo on the headstock. Is this true? Also, how much will this cost to get a new neck?

Thanks.
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Before you go for a new neck, take it to an independent luthier for a second opinion. When the truss rod stripped on my Spector I just got a cap put over the end of it. Saved quite a bit of money.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I just want my two questions answered....

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by basser4ever123
The guy at my local music store said that the new neck doesn't have the fender logo on the headstock. Is this true?

How are we meant to know?

Quote by basser4ever123
Also, how much will this cost to get a new neck?

Depending on who/where you get it from, it can be anything from £80 to £150.

Quote by basser4ever123
I just want my two questions answered....

My apologies. I just thought I'd share some of my own experience and hopefully stop you from spending more money than you should.
Quote by skater dan0
I just want to get my bass fixed. That's it.

^Well there's my response. Do with it what you will.
Quote by skater dan0
Most replacement necks don't have company logos on them (Fender or otherwise). If you buy off eBay, you could get a used neck from an actual Fender bass with the logo on it. If you're buying a replacement from allparts, warmoth, stewmac, etc. or a store, it probably won't have the Fender logo or any other markings on the headstock. You can buy waterslide decals to apply to a blank headstock if the logo is really that important to you though.

You can get a new Jazz replacement neck for as little as around $140-$150, or you can pay upwards of $400-$500. It all depends on where you buy from.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by fleajr_1412
^Well there's my response. Do with it what you will.

LOL

Dude, this guy is trying to help you. It sounds like he might be selling you a Mighty Mite neck, I believe that's Fender's go to replacement company. GFS has cheaper similar quality necks, Warmoth has better quality super expensive necks. Fender doesn't make replacement necks, nor do they license others to put their name on necks.

OR you could take Fleajr's advice and get a free second opinion and see if you can get a cheaper better fix. If this was your leg you wouldn't get it cut off without getting a second opinion....

I only recently realized fleajr is flea jr. and he's not from norway or some other Scandinavian area
Idk about any luthiers in my areas.

Well it doesn't look like you are open to much advice, but neither of your two questions have set answers. If you do need a new neck, I would suggest ordering one from a website like Warmoth .
You can very specifically build your own neck or choose from their pretty decent stock.

I'm looking to build my next bass from their parts.
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Last edited by ldzppln81 at Nov 2, 2011,
i'll probably end up sending out to get it fixed. i was just curious as to how much it would cost.

Quote by basser4ever123
i'll probably end up sending out to get it fixed. i was just curious as to how much it would cost.

Well that wasn't either of your two questions... where do you live and is english your first language?
Quote by basser4ever123
Idk about any luthiers in my areas.

Having no idea where you live, neither do we.

Quote by basser4ever123

Here's an idea - ask the person who is charging you.
Current Gear:

Warwick Thumb BO 4
Musicman "StatusRay" Stingray 4 - Carbon Fibre Neck
Musicman Stingray 5 HH
Sadowsky MV4 Jazz

Markbass LittleMark II
AccuGroove Tri12l
Sansamp VT Bass
Line6 BassPodXT Live

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Quote by askrere
I only recently realized fleajr is flea jr. and he's not from norway or some other Scandinavian area

No! my secret is out. Blame my 12 year old self
Quote by skater dan0
Dude--you know arguing with a mod is really not the way to make points and influence people. Just saying.

Go out to google and do a search for a good luthier / repair person. We are trying to save you some cash here. If you aren't interested, go back to your music shop spend some useless cash on a useless item and call it a day.