My school is having a talent show in about a month. I am decided on entering and doing a drum cover, but I am undecided on what song to do. Preferably a song with not very complex drumming that I can actually add my own ideas to. I have a few songs in mind (Slither by Velvet Revolver, Narcissistic Cannibal by Korn, and Bomfunk MCs Freestyler) but I'm wondering if you can give me any other suggestions that would make for a decent show.
those are probably good band choices. not too simple as to not impress but not to difficult to not be able to pull off a full song. If you had longer I would suggest maybe some Rush but I think it would take more than a month to PERFECT a whole Rush track.
Narcissistic Cannibal sounds really good, it would be difficult to make it sound as bad ass as Korn did but either way, it will be kick ass. But Slither, that would be ****in' bad ass. Is there a time limit in this show?
Quote by Bam515
Narcissistic Cannibal sounds really good, it would be difficult to make it sound as bad ass as Korn did but either way, it will be kick ass. But Slither, that would be ****in' bad ass. Is there a time limit in this show?

About 5 minutes
Why not something by Porcupine Tree? Like Blackest Eyes or Sound of Muzak
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I like the Freestyler idea. People hearing just drums usually want to hear something funky and exciting. Go for some flashy fills and play around with the song. Funk is a lot more approachable than a Korn song. Slither is awesome (as is the Korn song) but getting people to dance to your drum cover will hike up the energy in the room.
Good luck.