So I've been looking at a lot of guitars lately, and I'm looking to actually spend some real money on a guitar. One that's caught my eye is the NT-II, and I'm really likiing how it looks.

THe problem is, I haven't been able to find much for reviews. The main thing I'm worried about is the neck. I do not like Ibanez/Jackson/Charvel type necks, i'm not a fan of extremely wide thin necks. I prefer a thicker type neck.

Do you guys know what the neck on this guitar compares too? I really like the neck on my Bullet, so i'd like something SIMILIAR to it. I'm not expecting the same neck, just something roughly the same. I also like the feel of Gibson LP necks.

If you guys have any other guitars to offer, I'm open to suggestion.

Budget
$1,000-2,000(willing to stretch for something great)

Genres
Pop-Punk, Hardcore, Metalcore.

Artists I Like
Story of the Year, As I Lay Dying, Defeater, A Loss For Words, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, Close Your Eyes.

Used?
Preferably not, if I find a huge steal, I'll definitely check it out, but I'd end up trying any guitar in person beforehand anyway.

The Main reason I'm asking about this Horizon is because no store in my area stocks ESP guitars. So I wouldn't be able to try before buying.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
If thick neck is your thing then you will not like this guitar. The neck is just lightly bit thicker than Ibanez Wizard II neck which in it's right is extremely thin. A Schecter would be quite a match for you but seeing the price range you've set why not go for a Gibson Standard or something.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Nov 2, 2011,
It's lovely.

Nicely profiled. Great shape, its slim, but very round so its almost like a nicer fender neck.

They call it a Thin U but that's just another way of saying Modern C shape. The neck join is also flawless and offers great upper fret access.

There isn't a lot you can say that is bad about the horizon range. Amazing guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by hminh87
If thick neck is your thing then you will not like this guitar. The neck is just lightly bit thicker than Ibanez Wizard II neck which in it's right is extremely thin. A Schecter would be quite a match for you but seeing the price range you've set why not go for a Gibson Standard or something.

Thanks but no thanks, cannot stand Schecter these days. Every single guitarist in my area owns one, and I'm just sick of seeing them everywhere. I'd rather get an LTD, and I don't like LTD's either.

And I'm thinking about getting a Gibson, but I really really like the look of this guitar, and if I get a Gibson I'll have to do a pickup swap.

Quote by Tom 1.0
It's lovely.

Nicely profiled. Great shape, its slim, but very round so its almost like a nicer fender neck.

They call it a Thin U but that's just another way of saying Modern C shape. The neck join is also flawless and offers great upper fret access.

There isn't a lot you can say that is bad about the horizon range. Amazing guitars.

Alright thank you, this is very. The way you describe the neck it sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
It's still a slim neck mind. The biggest factor in how a neck feels is purely down to the profile Imo.

Ibanez can be seen as too thin thanks to the very flat profile they have which means you need to be very diciplined with your thumb positioning.

The ESP neck is always curved and gives a sense of thickness that isn't actually there.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The ESP Horizon series is amazing guitars like anything under the ESP standard and custom series. I myself use the Horizon FR-II which is the same as this one you got there in your post except mine has a floyd rose, I also use the Horizon FR7 (7-string). Both are amazing guitars.

The neck on the ESP Horizon FR-II or NT-II is pretty thin like mentioned above, it is very comfortble to play in my opinion (by my preference). When you jump into the 7-string territory with these guitars the neck will feel a bit bigger but that's normal. It's still very comfortble in the 7-string territory as well.

Maybe look at Schecter I hear they got thicker kinds of necks compared to the brands you've stated. Just ask around about it as I don't have any experiance with them at the moment, but I've heard good things.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Quote by Tom 1.0
It's still a slim neck mind. The biggest factor in how a neck feels is purely down to the profile Imo.

Ibanez can be seen as too thin thanks to the very flat profile they have which means you need to be very diciplined with your thumb positioning.

The ESP neck is always curved and gives a sense of thickness that isn't actually there.

As long as it's not as thin as an Ibanez Prestige neck, I'll be perfectly happy.

I don't like Ibanez necks because it feels like I'm trying to play on paper. And that just isn't comfortable.

I like the feel of Ibanez SA guitar necks though.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Quote by Tom 1.0
You'll love it.

Beautiful, thank you very much (:

Now to save up.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
I own an H with the Thin U profile, as well as an Ibanez with the Wizard II. I guess it's just me, but I've always though that the Thin U is way thicker than the Wizard II. It certainly is rounder, like Tom said.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I own an H with the Thin U profile, as well as an Ibanez with the Wizard II. I guess it's just me, but I've always though that the Thin U is way thicker than the Wizard II. It certainly is rounder, like Tom said.

That makes me happy. It's the roundness factor that I dislike Ibanez's for not having. I don't want a flat fretboard..
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
The fret board is flat.

The back of the neck is curved.

But it is a very very nice comfortable profile.

The best way to describe it would be that its very 'neutral'.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
The fret board is flat.

The back of the neck is curved.

But it is a very very nice comfortable profile.

The best way to describe it would be that its very 'neutral'.

I'm really bad at typing what I think in my head. I need my hands to explain.. Sorry I suck. But I'm buying one of these for sure.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Where do you live?

Sounds like a solid plan dude good luck!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Where do you live?

Sounds like a solid plan dude good luck!

Fargo/Moorhead. Same place. mainly in North Dakota. Craigslist here sucks dick.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror