I have a dean m-10 and it's just not cutting it (if you know what I mean).I'm getting a new amp for christmas and I'm trying to decide between a Peavey Vyper 75 and a Fender Mustang 3. Keep in mind that I play mostly metal (if distortion is a problem I have a behringer to-800) but sometimes i like stuff like red hot chili peppers (which is usually clean). I've heard they're both good for metal but I also heard that you can't get a good clean tone out of the peavey.Please help me decide!!
Peavey, easily.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The peavey is a fantastic choice, however, the mustang is a strong competitor.

The added option with the mustang is the USB software that comes with it, opens you up to a lot more than what's just displayed on the amp. Preset sounds are also a little bit easier to navigate and can find a nice tone you like.

But the Peavey is fantastic in it's own respects as well, it kills the Mustang for metal, but what you really should do is go down and play both and see what you like best. If it were me, i'd probably take the mustang. But that's not for everyone.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I prefer the Mustangs. The Vyper is a nice amp, but it's way overrated on these forums imo.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
I prefer the Mustangs. The Vyper is a nice amp, but it's way overrated on these forums imo.

I swear that if you owned one and had a chance to mess with it, you'd find that it's not really that overrated.

Especially the tube 60/120, those are fantastic.

I personally own a 75 and think it's fantastic. The Mustang I tried out awhile back when they first came out wasn't that great, was really just another modeller. But it had a lot you could do with it, but so does the Vypyr..

I'd go with the Vypyr. But I'm biased.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I swear that if you owned one and had a chance to mess with it, you'd find that it's not really that overrated.

Especially the tube 60/120, those are fantastic.

I personally own a 75 and think it's fantastic. The Mustang I tried out awhile back when they first came out wasn't that great, was really just another modeller. But it had a lot you could do with it, but so does the Vypyr..

I'd go with the Vypyr. But I'm biased.

I've played the shit out of them.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
You decide, I own the mustang iii and love it. Many like the vypyrs. Look up demos and decide for yourself.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
i would recommend looking at a used Peavey Vypyr 60. Also, if you have a guitar with single coils, it's not that tough to find a good clean tone. Humbuckers, or rather high output ones sound pretty meh clean on the SS versions. For metal though, i love the Vypyrs. Mustang would probably win on cleans, especially over the ss vypyr. I say used Vypyr 60 because it will sound much better, and can usually be found for $300-350 used
I'm a user of Mustang III and it overwhelms the Peavey with an amount of ways to produce your sound... But...

The hi-gain tones and all of the metal tones don't sound so good, as someone said before. Mustang is great for all other genres that metal. Some alt rock and other extraordinary sounds can be produced there, but not the "strong and dirty ones".

And other advantage for mustang is fender fuse and abelton live software added with the amp. You can exchange your presets on-line with other users and control them from your pc.

Go to the nearest music shop and try both of them. But remember that mustang has more to offer that meets the eye.