Poll Options
View poll results: Physical discipline
Yay
42 52%
nay
39 48%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 3
Yay or nay? If you do believe in it, at what point does it stop being ok?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
What I say about making threads? Don't make me get out my belt again

EDIT: No. Yelling always worked for my parents

Though a slap in the back of the head after something REALLY stupid is ok.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Last edited by izbbass at Nov 2, 2011,
Anything more than a spanking or two causes psychological problems later.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
At first I thought you meant going to the gym and stuff, y'know, being disciplined with your body. Taking good decisions and sticking to them.

Guessing you're talking about physical punishment. I'd say it's generally not ok. Can't really think of a scenario where it's ok off the top of my head.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I was given a smack as a kid if I did something wrong and simply being told off didn't work. When it got to that point I knew I had over stepped my bounds and had to stop what I was doing (I'm talking about just one smack after being told off and/or sent to my room or a naughty step). Hasn't done me any harm so I don't see it as that much of a big deal
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
You can lightly smack a young'n to get their attention, but other than that, no, it's mostly an excuse to take your anger out on the poor kid. Once the kid is old enough to comprehend they're being spanked for a reason they're also old enough to have their behavior modified through other, better ways.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

There is a difference between spanking a child and beating the crap out of them. It isn't a thin line or anything - stay on the right side of the line and you're good to go. Sometimes it is needed to teach a child important lessons. That shouldn't last after they get old enough to have a sit down conversation with you, though, because at that point you should have things under control.
Absolutly not.

After a certain age, it just becomes disgusting.

But my mom used to wash my mouth out with soap when I talked back.

Shit sucked.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
No. I think it's horrible.

I was never hit. I was never even yelled at really. My parents aren't like that. Though I never really did anything to deserve it either.

Actually I do remember my mom smacking me once for cursing at her when I was like 12 or something. Not hard or anything, but she felt really bad.

^My brother got that a few times.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Nov 2, 2011,
If you leave a bruise, scratch or cut, it's not okay.

I was slapped about as a kid, but never enough to actually harm much, just enough to sting for a bit.
Quote by izbbass
What I say about making threads? Don't make me get out my belt again

I've never been so disgusted by a video. I honestly couldn't watch past 1.10 and I never want to see it again in my life.
The odd clip round the ear is fine I think. Sometimes you get kids who just do not care if they're shouted at after doing something very wrong.

Also, for example if they're at the roadside and about to cross with a car too close by etc then I think it would be ok to aggressively grab them so that they know what they've done is wrong and it's for their own safety.
Check out my fitness blog here
A swift kick in the ass from my grandpa. Or if it was in public I got pulled by the ear to get scolded in private. Taught me not to be a dumbass.
I honestly thought this thread was going to be about trying not to masturbate for one reason or another.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by conor-figgy
I've never been so disgusted by a video. I honestly couldn't watch past 1.10 and I never want to see it again in my life.

Oh I totally forgot about that. I wasn't referencing it. Didn't even watch it.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I remember being only slapped once or twice, but I really deserved it. Other than that, it was enough to just tell me I was behaving bad... then puberty came and instead of being yelled at, my mom always talked to me bout it when I did smth bad and I understood.

That's the way things should go, when kids are too young to understand, give them a tick or a slap on the butt if nothing else helps. When they get older, TALK them out of it

EDIT: I didn't even watch the vid and I'm not going to (very sensitive to violence/abuse when it's real)
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Last edited by TimTheWizard at Nov 2, 2011,
I'm glad my parents used physical discipline on me, or I'd have turned out a total shithead like my brother.

But also, it was only appropriate because I always deserved it, and I was the type of kid who could take it. I think it depends upon the kid, and what they did, and the type of discipline.
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by SteveHouse
You can lightly smack a young'n to get their attention, but other than that, no, it's mostly an excuse to take your anger out on the poor kid. Once the kid is old enough to comprehend they're being spanked for a reason they're also old enough to have their behavior modified through other, better ways.
Exactly this. If you disagree, you're wrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Me and my dad used to yell at each other... Yeah, we are very similar in many ways.

I do not know where I stand though, I see no harm in it if you are not hurting the kid, that is imperative. Yet I probably could not bare to strike my own child...
Spanking should be strictly recreational.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I was spanked by almost everyone in my family, and I wouldn't stop biting people as a toddler until my mom bit my hand for me to understand "Wow, this really does hurt."

I think it depends on the child, and should be handled accordingly, but never more force than a light tap, and no belts/paddles.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's been scientifically proven time and time again that "physical discipline" (which is sadly often a euphemism for beatings/abuse/etc.) does not work. The only thing it does it make the kid more messed up, and more likely to engage in antisocial behavior later on.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
Quote by teachmeviolence
It's been scientifically proven time and time again that "physical discipline" (which is sadly often a euphemism for beatings/abuse/etc.) does not work. The only thing it does it make the kid more messed up, and more likely to engage in antisocial behavior later on.

Not necessarily says this literature.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826

I think it depends on the child, and should be handled accordingly, but never more force than a light tap, and no belts/paddles.

My dad's mother was quite fond of slapping me with one of those paint stirring sticks they give out at Home Depot. I resent her for it. It was completely unnecessary, and she had no right to discipline me anyways.

Yep. Sharing memories is nice.
I flick people in the forehead when they're being stupid. I'd say it works pretty well.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
A spanking is one thing, but it seems like physical discipline eventually comes to a point where it's inhumane. Harming a child so that he/she will listen to you? That's very similar to how a dog would be trained.

If you're going to hit your child, you might as well buy him/her a choke collar and leash as well.
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Last edited by soXlittleXtimeX at Nov 2, 2011,
No.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
A spanking is one thing, but it seems like physical discipline eventually comes to a point where it's inhumane. Harming a child so that he/she will listen to you? That's very similar to how a dog would be trained.

If you're going to hit your child, you might as well buy him/her a choke collar and leash as well.

Except you don't really need violence to train a dog, either.
Quote by element4433
Exactly this. If you disagree, you're wrong.

That's a pretty retarded way of saying you don't agree with someone elses point of view.

I was given the belt when I was a kid, no more than 2 or 3 hits at a time 'cause I was a real shit. Straightened me the hell out because back then I wouldn't listen to my parents, and they're the kind to resolve things as peacefully as possible.

You'll always get kids that just don't give a ****, even when they know it's wrong, 'cause they think they're untouchable. And to be honest, I'd give my kid a good clipping round the ear or a slap round the back of the head if he was a real shit or did something for no good reason.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Niiko
That's a pretty retarded way of saying you don't agree with someone elses point of view.

I was given the belt when I was a kid, no more than 2 or 3 hits at a time 'cause I was a real shit. Straightened me the hell out because back then I wouldn't listen to my parents, and they're the kind to resolve things as peacefully as possible.

You'll always get kids that just don't give a ****, even when they know it's wrong, 'cause they think they're untouchable. And to be honest, I'd give my kid a good clipping round the ear or a slap round the back of the head if he was a real shit or did something for no good reason.
No it's not. Spanking is morally wrong.

If you spank, you're doing something that is wrong.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
No it's not. Spanking is morally wrong.

If you spank, you're doing something that is wrong.

Not even if she likes it?

Quote by acade365
No.

I mad.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by zgr0826

Can you see the entire article? All I can get is the first page, which only supports its claims by saying corporeal punishment suppresses behavior in the short term. Which we kinda know and that's not the issue with it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Can you see the entire article? All I can get is the first page, which only supports its claims by saying corporeal punishment suppresses behavior in the short term. Which we kinda know and that's not the issue with it.

The full link is on the top of the page, but I'll post it here as well.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/01926187.2010.514214

Quote by ErikLensherr

Page 1 of 3