I've been GASing a lot recently, and the classic vibe strats have stood out to me, same with the Agile les paul junior replica style guitar (AD 201)

Just wondering if they're any good for the money, the squiers are kind of expensive and I've never seen them in left handed (but guitarcenter.com has them so they exist), and the agile just looks cool.

I like to play surf, blues, indie, and ska sometimes if that helps with people telling me about stuff.

Oh, what's the difference between the '50s and '60s classic vibe? And are the headstocks on either of them "fat"? If they are, I'm spending the last of my checking account money to buy one.
Agiles? Sure. Squiers? Sure. Get the CV strat, you are gonna want more than a bridge pickup.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
they're quite pricey though. ah well...the agile has 2 pups though, but I digress. Do you think a music store would get pissed if i ask them to order the two classic vibes to see the differences, and then I either don't buy or just buy one?
It's unlikely they'll do that, though you can ask. Most stores will only order something if you agree to buy it (read: pay for it). I would think lefties especially would not be something they'd order to be nice, especially two of them. They're way too hard to sell, and they take up floor and inventory space that were planned for other guitars. Luckily, the only non-cosmetic difference between the two models is the rosewood fretboard on the 60s and the maple on the 50s, and you ought to know which of those you prefer without trying those exact guitars. If you really don't know, pick the one that looks nicest - there's not that much of a difference in tone between the two fretboard woods (though maple is a little twangier, probably better for surf).

In case it wasn't clear, I would strongly suggest the CV squier over the Agile.
I'll save up for it then. I'm liking the look of the '60s, but I've never played on a maple neck so I'm not sure about the '50s guitar....being left handed can suck sometimes
The maple necks are nice, especially considering the cost of the guitar.

IIRC the 50s has Alnico III pickups and the 60s has Alnico V. I personally prefer the 50s for that reason, it's a little mellower.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What about Danelectro 59 DC? I've always wanted a danelectro and it's basically the same price. Again, I don't have any experience with them besides liking the looks =\
I would not suggest it. It's an all right guitar, but the hardware is not very good and I couldn't find all that many sounds out of it. They look cool and they play very, very well for something in that price range but I didn't love the sound or choice of parts.
I can't speak on the CV strats, but I recently played a few CV telecasters at the local megastore and I was REALLY impressed. The reviews of those things are not exaggerated at all. I had a pretty low opinion about squier until that day. They are very good, very playable instruments at a great price.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the pickups sounded a little muddy (when I compared them to the higher-end American telecasters). But that's not really a fair comparison to begin with (apples to oranges)

For the price I was very impressed with the CV models and I'd recommend them to anyone (hell, Carolina Liar and a few other bands tour with them!)
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
aww shucks. Maybe one day when I have disposable income a Danelectro will be the guitar for me.

Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna look around guitar stores and see if they have either the '50s or '60s in stock right now and then try both out, or just watch videos online to get an idea for tone.
I'm embarrassed to admit this but I've been gassing for a classic vibe tele and haven't gotten it because of the words on the headstock.