Quote by JELIFISH19
You're better off spending a little more for a Prestige

I'll second that, RG1570/1550s don't cost much more
Quote by andrerist
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG920QM

anyone played it? kinda tough to find in stores but its the only thing on my christmas list.

questions:
Is the finish as vivd as it is in the picture?
how are the pups?
Is it worth the money?
Any thoughts on the trem system?

and most importantly, should i go with the blue or the black?

Yes.
Crapola, worthy of immediate replacement as soon as you can afford it.
Yes, even after replacing the PUPS.
I'd rather have Edge III or Edge Pro, but it will do.
Black.
i haven't haven't played one, but a used 1550 would be a better deal.

if you can squeeze it i would go for something on the 3XXX level because it already has dimarzio pickups (not sure on all models, but IIRC, most) sure you can spend $200 less and have the crappy ibanez pickups in there and change them later, but you really woudln't be that far a head. i always feel like an ass when i am suggesting a more expensive product, but sometimes it is worth it and sometimes it is attainable and you will enjoy it more.

i have a 3550, paid <$700 brand new at GC. i got a good guy there and it was on the wall for a while and nobody picked it up (i dont know why, it was absolutely flawless).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They're pretty solid guitars. Pickups aren't great. The finish is that vivid. Bridge seems to stay in tune well enough based on the few times I've played it at work.

Would much rather just get a Prestige.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by IbanezBossShred
I'd rather have Edge III

You what?

I've played one (in purple!). Was a surprisingly good guitar. I would still agree with the whole going for a prestige instead as a general rule, but the Premium I played was in better condition than some of the low end prestiges (1550/1570/etc) that they had in the store at the time so it actually felt a bit nicer. Pups weren't too bad, had a decent bite to them but could definitely sound better if they were replaced. Bridge was good, better than the Edge III but to be fair I didn't really do any crazy dives or anything. Finish is very bright, vivid but still a bit cheap looking, but definitely eye catching.

Objectively it's a good guitar - but as far as value for money goes you could do a little better.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
1550, 1570 would make a great deal but if i were u i would buy an esp or jackson they have a great quality guitars dont be fooled of ibanez from nowadays cheap material are used to it i dont really recomment it coz i hate a crappy guitar ibanez sucks peace!
Quote by Almon2011
1550, 1570 would make a great deal but if i were u i would buy an esp or jackson they have a great quality guitars dont be fooled of ibanez from nowadays cheap material are used to it i dont really recomment it coz i hate a crappy guitar ibanez sucks peace!

False

We aren't talking cheap Ibanez. Jackson/LTD/Ibanez are all pretty much the same quality in this price range.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
False

We aren't talking cheap Ibanez. Jackson/LTD/Ibanez are all pretty much the same quality in this price range.

No need to argue with me brother i know you are an avid fan of a crappy ibanez, im an avid fan of steve vai and i had to admit i have an ibanez jem7wh lately but it has deteriorate itself because of its low quality materials use on it, if i were a billionare i would buy the ibanez and transform it into a lumberyard. Hahaha. Steve vai uses ibanez coz he could easily replace it he gets it for free he is an endorser of it grow up!.lol
Quote by Almon2011
No need to argue with me brother i know you are an avid fan of a crappy ibanez, im an avid fan of steve vai and i had to admit i have an ibanez jem7wh lately but it has deteriorate itself because of its low quality materials use on it, if i were a billionare i would buy the ibanez and transform it into a lumberyard. Hahaha. Steve vai uses ibanez coz he could easily replace it he gets it for free he is an endorser of it grow up!.lol

Are you mentally handicapped? There's no shame in it, y'know. Generations of inbreeding aren't your fault after all.

As everyone else has said, an MIJ Ibanez is usually preferable, and not much dearer. The 1xxx models don't have the fancy visuals of the Premium series, but they're solid instruments that can be upgraded to be great instruments. The core of the guitar, namely the woods and constuction-quality, and in case of the guitars in question also the fretwork and hardware are worth the extra money.
Quote by 3074326
False

Quote by Almon2011

I'm an avid fan of good guitars. You'll find that pretty much every company makes those. If you think otherwise, you should take your own advice and do some growing up.

Honestly, think about what you just said. You basically said that one of the best guitarists of all time, Steve Vai, chose a crappy guitar company as an endorsement. He could have any guitar from any company as his signature guitar, yet he chose a piece of shit.

Makes tons of sense.

At this point I don't consider this an argument because I'm not arguing. Go play more guitars.

EDIT: What's hilarious is that they're probably made in the same factory in Indonesia as the Jacksons and LTDs from there.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Last edited by 3074326 at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by Almon2011
Steve vai uses ibanez coz he could easily replace it he gets it for free he is an endorser of it grow up!.lol

Yep, that explains why he's been using Evo as his main recording and touring guitar since he first got it in the early 90's

The Premiums are good quality guitars, solidly built. The stock pickups are pretty lacklustre, but they're easily changed out. Its made of American basswood, not cheaper basswood that other Korean and Indonesian Ibanez use, and all of the ones I have played have good quality maple and rosewood pieces used for the neck & fretboard.

EDIT;
Quote by 3074326
What's hilarious is that they're probably made in the same factory in Indonesia as the Jacksons and LTDs from there.

They aren't, the Premiums are made in a factory that Ibanez bought specifically to make them in. The other Indonesian Ibanez are probably made in the same factory as LTD/Jacksons though.
Last edited by littlephil at Nov 3, 2011,
Quote by 3074326
False

Eh, if you put that little effort into your trolling, I have to report you. Sad, really, I thought this had potential to be fun.

*reported*
Quote by Almon2011

I didn't feel the need to step in before this, but wow. So much fail.

EDIT: After a re-read, obvious troll is obvious.

ONTOPIC:
I'd personally go with a used Prestige over a new Premium. On the higher-quality Prestiges, the pickups are much better. Also, the original Edge is miles better than the Edge-Zero II (which is basically an Edge 3 with a stopbar).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Nov 3, 2011,
This kid is the worst troll ever...
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by 3074326
I'm an avid fan of good guitars. You'll find that pretty much every company makes those. If you think otherwise, you should take your own advice and do some growing up.

Honestly, think about what you just said. You basically said that one of the best guitarists of all time, Steve Vai, chose a crappy guitar company as an endorsement. He could have any guitar from any company as his signature guitar, yet he chose a piece of shit.

Makes tons of sense.

At this point I don't consider this an argument because I'm not arguing. Go play more guitars.

EDIT: What's hilarious is that they're probably made in the same factory in Indonesia as the Jacksons and LTDs from there.

Ok "mr. Wisdom of all electric guitars" thank you for enlightening me im hoping that someday you will convince everyone of the guitarist in the universe to buy an ibanez goodluck i mean no harm ;p but if i were a billionaire i would buy the ibanez and transform it into a lumberyard.lol ;p
Quote by Almon2011
Ok "mr. Wisdom of all electric guitars" thank you for enlightening me im hoping that someday you will convince everyone of the guitarist in the universe to buy an ibanez goodluck i mean no harm ;p but if i were a billionaire i would buy the ibanez and transform it into a lumberyard.lol ;p

Lol dude your so funny! You should really keep posting! Hell even get banned just to show those idiots who like Ibanez that you won't take crap from anyone!

You'll be so cool duud everyone on the internet will rejoice for you!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
I have an Ibanez premium myself, and i recommend you try getting a used Prestige guitar.

There is not enough sustain on my guitar as the sustain block is pretty small. I also have a minor tuning problem with my tremolo when i divebomb.

Getting a prestige guitar would be more worth it as i think you can switch tremolos but on a premium, you are pretty much stuck to the edge zero and edge zero 2
Gear

Ibanez Premium RG870Z
Zoom Fire 15
Ibanez OD850
Boss MT2
what exactly is the difference between the premium and the prestige? this is a christmas gift and i don't want to ask for too much or an "I owe you".

i'm looking at the premium due to the finish and price point
also, i won't be using the trem all that much, I want it more so for the use of locking in the strings and tuning stability with heavy bends
You know, the edit button exists for a reason...

Anyway, the difference between the Prestige and Premium models is as follows:
- Bridge. The Prestige models often have an Edge-Zero (Or an original Edge if you're going used), whereas the Premium models have the Edge-Zero II (made with cheaper materials, will wear down faster. Also, the stopbar apparently doesn't work as good).

Another difference is the build quality - a Prestige will feel a bit nicer than a premium.

The finish on a Premium does look a bit better, but the finish shouldn't be a deciding factor at first. Pick the guitar that feels best, then choose which color you want it in.

PS. Ibanez does do a Prestige RG with a fixed bridge - the RG1451. That should be around 700 dollars.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. Ibanez does do a Prestige RG with a fixed bridge - the RG1451. That should be around 700 dollars.

If he's going to go the fixed bridge road, I'd suggest a used rga121 or rga121h (no maple cap). Should be able to find them for around $600 WITH a prestige case. Shame on Ibanez selling prestige guitars without prestige hardshell cases!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
this is gonna be harsh but.....

i absolutely hated the premium. the finish is a veneer, though it may look nice. the stock pickups just sound incredibly mushy to me. they are some collaberation pickup between ibanez and dimarzio.

u can do better
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by TheQuailman
Eh, if you put that little effort into your trolling, I have to report you. Sad, really, I thought this had potential to be fun.

*reported*

could someone please tell me how this is trolling? as far as i know i asked a pretty legitimate question and just waited on the answers
Dunno if this is the case in the USA but you can get a high end prestige used for around the same price as a premium in the uk.
Quote by andrerist
could someone please tell me how this is trolling? as far as i know i asked a pretty legitimate question and just waited on the answers
I think his comment was directed at the guy who started every post with "No need to argue with me brother"
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey