http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG920QM

this is the only thing on my christmas list. I'm curious to know how the pups are? i've played RG's but the guitar stores near me don't stalk the premium model (though i haven't looked very thoroughly).

what would you recommend for replacement pups, preferably dimarzio, that would be super versatile? i'm looking for everything from bone shattering metal to pristine cleans. i'd prefer a medium to medium high output pup. i've got active emg's in my schecter so i really want some nice passives.

dimarzio is number one on my list but i've seen a lot of talk about BKP. thats a lot of money to spend on a leap of faith but i'm open to BKP suggestions as well
D-Activator/Liquifire
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Cruchlab/Liquifire
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'd go for a Dimarzio Crunch Lab/Liquifire set. Or if you want to get BKPs, I'd suggest either a pair of Cold Sweats, or a pair of Aftermaths.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

+2 on the Crunchlab and liquifire combo
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I don't think I'd dump $350 worth of BKPs into a premium. Honestly, I'd take the upgrade pup money and upgrade from the premium to a prestige. You probably can find a NOS 1570 for close to the same price as that premium. Won't look as nice, but will be a superior instrument! Then you could upgrade the pups down the road.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by andrerist
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG920QM

this is the only thing on my christmas list. I'm curious to know how the pups are? i've played RG's but the guitar stores near me don't stalk the premium model (though i haven't looked very thoroughly).

what would you recommend for replacement pups, preferably dimarzio, that would be super versatile? i'm looking for everything from bone shattering metal to pristine cleans. i'd prefer a medium to medium high output pup. i've got active emg's in my schecter so i really want some nice passives.

dimarzio is number one on my list but i've seen a lot of talk about BKP. thats a lot of money to spend on a leap of faith but i'm open to BKP suggestions as well

I wouldn't recommend anything until

a - you've actually got the guitar and had a chance to hear how it sounds to your ears through your rig after you've had time to experiment

b - you actually tell us what the rest of your rig is
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com