I have a Generation 1 Randall RH200.

I would like to run it through two 16 ohm Celestion G12t-75s wired in parallel.

The Randall's back panel says 200 watts peak power at 8 ohms and 220 watts peak at 4 ohms. I looked around online for a manual for the Generation 1 head, but the only one I could find was for the Generation 2. Here's the link: (http://www.randallamplifiers.com/images/stories/manuals/RG75G2,%20RG200G2,%20RH100G2,%20RH200G2%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf)

According to the above link, the RH200 is 200 watts RMS.

I would really like to run this head through the Celestions, but I also do not want to fry anything. I am playing at very low volumes, so I can't believe that the head is putting out anywhere near 200 watts. However, I am normally using the drive channel.

Does anyone have any further information about the output of the Generation 1 RH200, or advice about how to run it through these speakers? I would really like to avoid buying a 4x12 or something bulky.
Quote by Cheeto333
I have a Generation 1 Randall RH200.

I would like to run it through two 16 ohm Celestion G12t-75s wired in parallel.

The Randall's back panel says 200 watts peak power at 8 ohms and 220 watts peak at 4 ohms. I looked around online for a manual for the Generation 1 head, but the only one I could find was for the Generation 2. Here's the link: (http://www.randallamplifiers.com/images/stories/manuals/RG75G2,%20RG200G2,%20RH100G2,%20RH200G2%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf)

According to the above link, the RH200 is 200 watts RMS.

I would really like to run this head through the Celestions, but I also do not want to fry anything. I am playing at very low volumes, so I can't believe that the head is putting out anywhere near 200 watts. However, I am normally using the drive channel.

Does anyone have any further information about the output of the Generation 1 RH200, or advice about how to run it through these speakers? I would really like to avoid buying a 4x12 or something bulky.

i would think you would be fine, you won't wanna push the power section of the amp anyway cuz it's solid state. speakers are rated fairly conservatively so two G12T-75's wired for 8 ohms should handle your amp. you could wire two 8 ohm speakers in parallel for a 16 ohm load and this should drop the amp's output even more... but i think that is a bit unnecessary.

you could also consider a pair of G12K-100's, i actually prefer them to the T-75's for heavier genres. a pair of K-100's is rated for 200 watts so you'd be fine on power handling there.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I tried running the Randall through the G12t-75s and the speakers would distort every so often when I played the open low E. Is this anything to worry about? They don't distort when I run my valveking through them.
turn your bass down a little?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by gumbilicious
you could wire two 8 ohm speakers in parallel series for a 16 ohm load and this should drop the amp's output even more... but i think that is a bit unnecessary.

you could also consider a pair of G12K-100's, i actually prefer them to the T-75's for heavier genres. a pair of K-100's is rated for 200 watts so you'd be fine on power handling there.

typo?

otherwise +1