Well? What do you think makes a man into a "man"? I mean in terms of gender roles, archetypes, and social constructs. Throughout human history there have been rites of passage and certain things that made a person officially a man in the eyes of the rest of society. Being able to provide for your family, resourcefulness, intelligence, integrity, etc. There have been standards for being a respected member of society in every culture. A lot of those same, more noble ideas have shown up over and over, and a lot of characteristics with less substance have been around too (owning land, for example).

So, Pit, what is "manliness", particularly in today's world? When does a person stop being a boy and start being a man?

Also, what about gender roles? I think they're necessary to a certain, limited extent.

Pitladies, if you are indeed real, should participate as well.

inb4 a penis.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black

EDIT: Realized that the one I posted first was not the original Pyramid, but a fan-made one.

I bring shame to family.
Last edited by goest at Nov 2, 2011,
Quote by goest
Huge picture incoming:

*Ron Swanson's Pyramid of Greatness*
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by Cianyx
Henry David ****ing Thoreau

His ideas yes. His life, no. Getting bailed out of jail by your aunt ain't manly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Being me.
Lulz
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by ErikLensherr
His ideas yes. His life, no. Getting bailed out of jail by your aunt ain't manly.

He was pretty content with staying in jail.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
inb4 Due, Mistress Ibanez, ect comes in to make this a serious discussion.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I stupid term. There is no scale to being a man. You either are one or you aren't.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by zenbone
I think Segal covered what makes a man here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o84NZ3EW_Xk

drunken bar fights and playing slapping games?

Quote by maroon5mustdie
The Art of Manliness

This is a wealth of manly information.

Oh wow

Don't have sex before marriage, don't drink or do drugs, live your life in moderation and using fuckin BEN FRANKLIN as a staple for manliness?

There's a word for people like that, and it's not "manly", it's "boring".

How's this for a definition of manliness: Live your life for yourself, and don't care what a bunch of random schmoes deem to be manly, define yourself as a person and strive to improve yourself in ways that YOU want.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 2, 2011,